On behalf of our global Oil and Gas Operator client, NES Fircroft are looking for an experienced Drilling Logistics Coordinator to join the team, open to candidates based either in Perth or Adelaide.
This role will be reporting to the Drilling Logistics Lead on an initial 9-month contract, responsible for supply base logistics and materials coordination for Perth Basin, Third Party Supply Base and transport contracts.Primary Objective:
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- To provide support associated with Logistics and supply planning, services, procurement, transport, processing and recording of all materials and equipment movement for Drilling and Completions, ensuring compliance with WECS and HSEMS prior to operation commencing .
- Ensure logistics and material movements for wells operations are coordinated to prevent non-productive time related to supply of equipment and services to and from the drilling wellsite. Management of wellsite materials and stock on well-site. Coordination of logistics with transport and crane suppliers, drilling rig contractor and service providers.
- Maintain Company inventory and materials management systems to ensuring all purchased and consignment materials movements and SOH are recorded in real time
- Support the company Drilling Logistics Lead to create a motivated team of company staff and service contractors with a clear objective towards operational excellence; and
- Sustain an operational and safety performance culture, leading by example and through coaching others, and communicating company's values
- Identify requirements and execute contract management process to set up local logistics and Service providers contracts to deliver project objectives.
- Liaise with leadership team/s as required and business units to develop procurement strategy and approach to each contract requirement.
- Communicating with respective departments in relation to receiving queries and delivery problems.
- Create and maintain a register of equipment which has arrived at the Supply Base for the drilling operations and plan mobilisation based on the Master Equipment List.
- Where required, assist Drilling Logistics Lead in compiling project schedules for engineering, procurement, logistics and WECS workflow, monitoring materials and logistics progress.
- Ensure all equipment, materials and services meet WECS standards and ordered in accordance to the schedule.
- To ensure that personnel handling materials at the supply base are trained and qualified for their work.
- To ensure that all lifting equipment is certified according to company requirements.
- To arrange for the receipt, handling, storage, maintenance and transport of all Operator and contractor provided materials, including loading and unloading haulage services
- Manage material stocks and interface with wellsite, supply base and engineering team to ensure stock is controlled and catalogued on an ongoing basis.
- Report inventory to the Drilling Superintendent and Project Leader on a weekly basis or as requested.
- Control materials and logistics operations to and from the wellsite in line with company and Drilling Contractor standards.
- Manage the logistics associated outbound and return and tracking of materials sent to suppliers or third parties for inspection, return, refurbishment etc.
- Ensure and manage disposal/surplus inventory.
- To check and verify time sheets prepared by the Supply Base Company relating to project drilling charges.
- To ensure that delivery of bulk materials is arranged for and that an accurate record of delivered quantities is obtained.
- To ensure that all chemicals and hazardous materials are packed labelled and handled according to Local Safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Adhere to company HSE policies and procedures
- Provide support to deliver procurement plans, preparation of tender documents and contracts as required
- Assist Drilling Logistics Lead in closure of issues raised from Service Quality Meetings and of failures investigations
- Actively engage in implementation of new technologies intended to improve operational, HSE performance
- Minimum 10 years materials and logistics activities experience combining both office and field in the resource and/or production industry
- Proven experience in supporting Drilling, Completions, Installation and abandonment projects.
- Proven experience in planning and management of warehousing activities including receipt, location, quarantining and storage of stock, retention of critical paperwork and dealing with inventory issues andgeneral housekeeping
- Thorough understanding of wharf and stevedoring activities
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a strategic, team and operational context
- Strong interpersonal and team skills with an ability to communicate with contractors, team members and client representatives
- Good data management skills and demonstrated computer software literacy
- Knowledge of Western Australian regulatory requirements, in particular lifting systems and dangerous goods handling.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of onshore drilling rigs and oil field operations.
- Willingness and ability to travel to remote locations, as required
- Strong understanding of Supply Chain support systems and an awareness of P2P processes and Standards.
- Knowledge of warehouse safe working practicesand safety procedures including ‘SDS’ and Dangerous Goods handling and Storage
- Proven warehousing and inventory management experience and skills
- Experience and in Oil & Gas Drilling Operations.
- Previous experience in inventory and purchasing systems.
- Experience in road transport and freight handling
- Experience in SAP or other inventory/warehouse management systems.
- Knowledge of HSNO regulations related to storage and transportation of dangerous goods.
Please apply today if you have Australian working rights and live in Perth or Adelaide!
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.