● To enable, coordinate and supervise design, procurement, construction and commissioning for
various sizes of projects (up to a budget of ~US$10M).
● To ensure that all aspects of safety, cost, schedule, and quality for all projects are executed in
accordance with corporate (IMS system) / divisional / local policies and contractual requirements.
Key Results / Principal Responsibilities:
● Responsible for executing and supervising projects within the approved budget and schedule,
ensuring safety, proper design, quality, certification of the installations and operability.
● Ensures project compliance with company and government regulations, procedures and standards on
Health, Safety and Environment. Ensures corporate and departmental policies / standards for design,
safety and execution are followed and implemented by the project team. Ensures that any changes in
government legislation and code requirements are conveyed to the project team. Implement site
environmental safety and health management in accordance with local laws and regulations, and
company and customer requirements.
● Plans overall project timescales and facilitates detailed planning. Ensures adequate contractor
selection, cost tracking, tasks scheduling, progress reporting, and adequate manpower loading to
meet the project commitments and requirements.
● Directs and briefs all project personnel and ensures they are constantly updated with departmental /
corporate strategy, objectives, commitments and constraints.
● Keeps project progress and risks visible. Identifies project, technical and business risks and agrees
appropriate management plans with the relevant Project Leader / Line Manager. Maintains full
awareness of future risks among the Management and demonstrates that necessary controls / plans
are in place. Ensures that Line Managers and project team members are aware of the context of the
project, including understanding their part in meeting the overall project timetable. Ensures early
problem identification and resolution. Ensures that unresolved issues are elevated quickly and that
necessary support or decisions are sought to enable resolution.
● Performs and delegates procurement of project materials. Proposes cost effective alternatives to
standard products, suppliers and contractors. Facilitate review of contractors (qualification).
● Is an active member of the HAZOP and Risk Assessments / Management teams.
● Review and approve Job Hazard Analysis (JHA), Work Permits.
● Coordinates work on Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, Risk Assessments, both
during the project execution / commissioning and at the start of operations. Facilitates an effective
hand-over to the operations team.
● Encourages and personally demonstrates Behavioral Safety. Incorporate safety and environmental
practices with regard to project design, construction and operation. Implements and directs Best
Operating Practice, Lessons Learnt and Continuous Improvements Program to ensure project
mistakes / issues are captured and distributed accordingly.
● Uses influencing and negotiation skills in order to resolve issues diplomatically and satisfactorily.
● Is an active member of the Business Development, proposal and plant management team, to scope,
plannify and price (including production of detailed Bills of Materials, layouts and P&IDs) proposed
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.