Job Title: EC&I Engineer
Location: Aberdeen / Cornwall
Contract length: 4-6 months
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Responsibility for delivering electrical and controls project related engineering work to complete delivery, operation and maintenance of a Large Diameter Subsea Socket Drill.
• Contribute in all aspects of electrical projects, ensuring they are executed safely, efficiently, and within budget.
• Provide expert technical guidance and leadership in electrical engineering, including but not limited to power distribution, control systems, and instrumentation.
• Generate comprehensive project documentation, method statements, risk assessments, load calculations, SLD, pin-out dwgs and inspection/test plans, ensuring adherence to industry standards and regulatory requirements.
• Collaborate in the planning and organization of site works, project mobilization, demobilization, and operations offshore, optimizing resource allocation and scheduling to meet project milestones.
• Comply and implement quality control measures, ensuring that all electrical systems and installations meet or exceed industry standards.
• Integrate into an existing mixed team of engineers and technicians, providing and fostering a collaborative work environment.
• Maintain effective communication internally and externally with vendors and clients, addressing technical queries, providing project updates, and ensuring client satisfaction throughout the project lifecycle.
• Identify potential project risks and develop mitigation strategies, in a timely manner, to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Demonstrate an unwavering commitment to maintaining the highest standards of safety and quality in all project activities.
• Execute all work in strict accordance with the company's Health and Safety (H&S) policy statement and the company's H&S Plan, ensuring that HSE regulations and guidelines are followed rigorously.
• Take reasonable care to protect the health and safety of yourself, your colleagues, and any other individuals who may be affected by your actions or inactions at work.
• Actively identify, understand, and stay current with workplace hazards. Comply with safety rules and procedures, contributing to a safer working environment.
• Policy and Legislative Compliance: Ensure that all tasks are carried out in strict accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, and relevant legislation, specifically in alignment with
o BS EN ISO14001:2004 and
o OHSAS 18001:2007 standards,
o or any other applicable standards as agreed upon by the business or client.
• Ensuring that all deliverables are to the required quality and are on time.
• All tasks are carried out in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures in line with
o BS EN ISO 9001:2008.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & APTITUDES:
Proven experience as an electrical project engineer with a track record of successful project completions.
- Strong knowledge of electrical codes, regulations, and standards.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Educated to degree or HND level in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Apprenticeship + Relevant level of work experience will also be considered.
- Ability to work under a high pressure project environment.
- Experience working in an offshore equipment construction and offshore operations environment.
- Ability to work under your own initiative and part as a team is essential.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office suite, MS Project, 2D / 3D modelling, and relevant electrical design software packages.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.