NES Fircroft are currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer for our client, who are a global leader in the provision of technical engineering services. From their office in Billingham, they provide their services to a variety of oil, gas, chemical and power generation clients.
Electrical Engineer (Outside IR35)
- Manage and advise on technical aspects of the Electrical Engineering project process.
- Create project schedules for assigned projects and actively manage and engage with the engineering team to deliver projects within agreed schedules and budgets.
- Estimate engineering hours for project deliverables and create proposals for new work.
- Support the Project Manager to develop updates for customers.
- Participate and coordinate both internal and external project meetings with the engineering teams, clients and suppliers.
- Take into account the multidiscipline nature of plant design and independently liaise and communicate with the appropriate disciplines and customers as required.
- Disseminate project information, scope, etc. with a multidiscipline team.
- Develop and maintain project budgets and schedules.
- Together with the department heads, monitor and assess design progress and productivity, and take corrective action if necessary.
- Design, develop, review and approve electrical and controls (IEC) engineering drawings, specifications and documents in line with national and international standards.
- Conduct electrical design calculations and approve calculations conducted by others including earthing, cable sizing, Short Circuit Calculation, Cantilever strength calculation, Battery Sizing calculations, voltage drop, lighting levels, cable tray fill and heat tracing etc.
- Prepare and review datasheets and/or procurement packages for electrical equipment.
- Preparation of key engineering design documents including SLD’s, Schematic Diagrams, Cable Schedules and Layout Plans.
- Liaise with vendors, select and oversee purchase of electrical equipment & components.
- Assist in preparing project documents including scopes, schedules and reports.
- Manage conflicting priorities among simultaneous projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 10 years of electrical engineering experience, preferably in oil & gas, chemicals and/or other high hazard process industries.
- Appropriate Technical Engineering Degree and preferably a Chartered Engineer with an appropriate institution.
- Knowledge of regulations, codes, manufacturing standards, and industry standard practices.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to allocate work appropriately to design staff and monitor progress to meet project needs.
- Ability to work in both design office and operating plant environments.
- Comfortable dealing directly with both Clients and Vendors at all levels.
- Expertise using MS office suite and knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Experience in the use of AVEVA E3D.
- Experience in the design of HV and LV Power distribution systems, LHV/LV Switchgear Panels and MCC’s.
- Experience in Relay Coordination, Load Flow, Short Circuit and Motor start studies.
- Knowledge of ATEX and equipment for electrically hazardous areas.
- exposure to IEC, IEEE, IS, CBIP & ANSI Standards.
- Proficiency in AUTOCAD, DIALUX, CG LUX Software.
- Knowledge or experience of Functional Safety, preferably holding a suitable FS qualification.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.