NES Advantage is a specialized in-house recruitment partner to Aker Solutions.
Aker Solutions take care of energy assets in a Life Cycle perspective. From the start to end of production Aker Solutions ensures safe operations, optimizes field utilization, and enables field life-extensions. We do business development and execute modifications and maintenance projects. There is a global trend towards decarbonization, and we aim to help our customers to decarbonize their operations and measure their emissions to manage them more efficiently, for instance by delivering brownfield electrification of existing offshore facilities. Now we explore opportunities in the aftermarket for renewables, to deliver offshore maintenance for the renewable sector when the market is ready. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Aker Solutions is looking for an Electrical Engineer
with experience in onshore or offshore projects. The project is based in Bergen
and will be led from there.
- Follow up on Electrical Procurement Packages.
- Coordinate with suppliers and clients and review documents and drawings to ensure seamless project execution.
- Provide engineering inputs to job packages.
- Create as-built documents from supplier drawings and mark up red lines received from offshore.
- Responsible for electrical system engineering for LV consumers and switchboards.
- Conduct electrical calculations, such as short circuit calculations.
- Report all important matters to Discipline Lead and Engineering Manager.
- Ensure quality and HSSE compliance in own projects.
- Identify changes and contribute to change requests.
- Conduct offshore surveys, including general field instrument engineering, system engineering, automation and control engineering, Fire & Gas systems engineering, layout design, cable dimensioning, and calculations.
- Handle field instrumentation and valves.
- Manage technical procurement activities related to mechanical packages (as PRD).
- Prepare MTOs and requisitions.
- Create installation job-cards and provide input to other disciplines.
Skills and Levels Description:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Good knowledge of offshore Electrical, Instrumentation, and Telecommunication (EIT) installations and requirements.
- Proficient in supplier co-ordination and follow-up, including experience in creating accurate as-builts of tags and drawings.
- Relevant education: Associate Degree, Vocational school, BSc, or MSc qualifications.
- Software proficiency: MIPS, TIME, and STID.
- Fluent in both written and spoken Norwegian and English for effective communication.
- Capable of performing estimation work, planning activities, and strong team player.
More reasons to work with us:
- Opportunity to grow your network and develop professionally by integrating yourself into highly competent teams within world-renowned organizations in the energy sector.
- Competitive compensation packages and benefits that include pension schemes and insurance.
- On-going support from our experienced recruitment and back-office support professionals.
- Exclusive access to all Aker Solutions’ project positions in Norway, with access to permanent positions when these are offered.
- NES Advantage is the only company that has frame agreement with Aker Solutions for project employments.
For more information about the position, please contact:
Crystal Andvik | Junior Recruiter | NES Advantage Solutions AS | email@example.com
If you find this opportunity appealing, please submit your application via our website, as we will not process applications received via email. Applications will be evaluated on an ongoing basis. NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services. As project employee you will be employed by NES Advantage Solutions AS, working for Aker Solutions.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.