Job DescriptionPosition Description: Project Electrical Engineer
The Project Electrical Engineer shall perform his duties, exercise such powers and authority as directed by the Senior Electrical Engineer.Overall DutiesThe Electrical Scope on the 178MW Changbin Solar Farm can be considered as being split between the PV Area and a new Substation and Transmission lines. The work will be undertaken by one or more EPC ContractorsThe Project Electrical Engineer(s) will be responsible for supporting the Senior Electrical Engineer and the Owners Team to ensure the Electrical EPC Contractors meet their contractual scope, quality and schedule requirements.He will maintain a strong site presence, monitor the work progress on daily basis, maintain daily records and prepare progress reports as per the project reporting requirements. He will verify compliance with construction plans, specifications, vendor documentation, applicable regulations and code requirementsOther accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that the Contractor executes the work in a safe manner and adheres to their approved Safety Management Plan, JSA’s, WMS’s and complies with Taiwan and local construction and safety regulations Government Legislation. He will take prompt corrective actions whenever unsafe conditions or unsafe acts are noted
- Clarifying technical queries and if unable to resolve interface with the Engineering Contractor and Vendors if necessary.
- Review the Contractors proposed Work Method Statements
- Collaborate with other disciplines to coordinate interfaces between Contractors to ensure optimised logistical- and construction flow at minimum risk
- Track, manage and document all variations in accordance with Company procedures
- Review and monitor the availability of drawings, specifications, job instructions, material deliveries and tools applicable to his particular discipline and work area
- Supporting the Project QA/QC team in conducting and recording FATs, quality inspections and tests.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- The position requires experience of working either with an Owner, Consultant or Contractor on a Construction PV Solar Project, Power Plant and/or HV Substation, including a minimum three years’ site experience in a similar role.
- A strong HV technical background
- PV Solar experience will be highly regarded
- Experience with a major International EPC Contractor, in particular on projects working to international HSE and Quality standards will be highly regarded.
- Fluent in Mandarin both spoken and written
- Working Proficiency in English both spoken and written
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and work cohesively within a team.
- Be able to work at heights and have an adequate standard of health and fitness (e.g. be able to climb scaffolds, catwalks etc)