We currently have an exclusive opportunity for a Senior Technical Project Engineer to join an exciting new energy division within a Global Oil & Gas operator, on an initial 18-month contract with potential to extend.
The successful candidate will preferably have an electrical degree with a strong focus on delivering small to medium projects in the renewable sector. Primary Objective:
Key activities include the following:
- The primary objective of this role is to contribute to the development of new projects.
- The role will support definition and development across multiple project life-cycle stages from concept identification, through early-stage development, pre-feasibility studies, feasibility trials/surveys, front-end engineering design, detailed design, EPC management and operations.
- Project scopes will span across solar, wind, battery energy storage, hydrogen pipelines and storage, electrolysis, process plant, transmission and other infrastructure.
- The role will additionally involve technical due diligence and assessments across a range of
Skills and Experience Required:
- Support development of new concepts and projects spanning multiple components and technology pathways including wind, solar, BESS, hydrogen, power-to-x and biofuels
- Conduct due diligence, reviews and assessments of renewable energy concepts, proposals and projects
- Work across multiple engineering disciplines including electrical, process, mechanical and civil/structural
- Contribute to techno-economic assessment of integrated renewable energy concepts and projects
- Review designs for renewable energy project concepts and projects
- Assess and compare alternative designs in close collaboration with other engineering disciplines and further stakeholders.
- Liaise with external development partners including technology providers
- Identify opportunities and risks which may impact project KPIs
- Provide a focal point for internal and external technical queries and assessments
If interested in this position, please email your CV to email@example.com
- 10+ years’ experience in design, development and project engineering of complex infrastructure projects (eg power plant, process plant, manufacturing plant, transmission/pipeline networks etc)
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Preparation of project specifications and techno-economic evaluation of proposed concepts, models, and engineering systems
- Project management support across engineering design and construction
- Development and review of design and project documentation (calculations, drawings, plans, reports, work scopes, KPIs, schedules, and other documents)
- Coordination of EPC contractors, vendors, OEMs, partners, engineering consultants and other project stakeholders
- Undertake technical site inspections renewable energy concepts, models and projects.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.