Role: Electrical Site Quality Inspector – Onshore Substation Client: International Renewables Developer Location: Thorsminide, Denmark Contract: 12 Month (Minimum) Rotation: 5 – 6 Days Per Week
Currently recruiting for an onshore electrical quality inspector to be a crucial part of a construction project involving an onshore substation on the West cost of Denmark. Ideal candidates have a background focussed on electrical and civil engineering; your role will be working as the Electrical Site Quality Inspector overseeing QA/QC activities.
- Monitor quality control processes and procedures to verify that all aspects of the electrical onshore substation's construction, including civil works, steel works, and installation of electrical components, meet the Employer requirements.
- Conduct regular surveillance and inspection activities at the construction site to monitor the execution of the works, including foundations, concrete works, structural elements, and overall construction activities ensuring compliance with project specifications, relevant codes, and industry standards as required by the Employer.
- Identifying non-conformances, liaise with Contractor's team to ensure where possible it is addressed at time of finding to avoid escalation. Requesting corrective actions and monitoring corrective action to close out.
- Maintain accurate and detailed inspection records, reports, and documentation related to the works, including but not limited to non-conformance reports (NCRs) and Concession Reports.
- When requested, reviewing, and commenting on ITPs and other civils related documentation submitted by the Contractor and his Sub-Contractors in liaison with the QE and other appropriate disciplines/stakeholders on the clients and Contractor sides.
- Assisting QE in the review of as-built records and record packs in their specialist area of knowledge.
- Work closely with the project team, including engineers, and Contractor to address quality-related issues specific to the works, providing technical support when required.
- Attending Project and Contractor Project Quality Meetings and or escalation meeting, if required.
- Ensure that the construction process adheres to applicable health, safety, and environmental regulations.
Provide awareness to promote a culture of quality, specifically in civil works, steel works, and electrical installation, quality control processes, standards, and best practices.
- Fluent in Danish and English.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or a related field or time served apprenticeship.
- Proven experience as a Quality Inspector in the construction industry, with a focus on civil works, steel works, and preferably electrical installation, preferably in substation or infrastructure projects.
- Strong understanding of quality control procedures and methodologies, with an emphasis on construction works.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and address quality issues effectively.
- Attention to detail and the ability to interpret technical drawings and specifications related to civil works, steel works, and electrical installation.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.