Our client a major Oil & Gas Operator are currently looking to add a Engineering Lead to their team on a 12 month renewable contract working out of their office in Pau.
Role will be working on a full time contract basis offering a strong day rate and associated package.
The Engineering Lead is responsible for managing the engineering team through FEED and detailed engineering projects & liaising with EPC contractors.
The Engineering Lead R&R’s include:
- Adopt and demonstrate exemplarity with regards to HSE rules and ensure their implementation.
- Manage efficiently a multidisciplinary team in transversal mode and maintain a good working atmosphere, Ensure the quality of the company comments made by the discipline specialist and monitor the dully response of the contractor of company comments.
- Manage technical interfaces with all parties and ensure implementation in the design.
- Develop and clarify the FEED /DETAILED ENGINEERING Contractor scope of work and the Design
- Ensure a permanent, efficient, and constructive communication with the ENGINEERING Contractor counterpart, specialists, the compression package specialists, and Company counterparts. Arbitrate between disciplines in case of technical conflict or discrepancies.
- Ensure that reviews and comments of ENGINEERING Contractor’s documents are performed in a timely manner not causing delays to the project.
- Lead the procurement process of the LLI with the support of the ENGINEERING’s contractor and COMPANY specialists.
- Raising derogation when required and support the Architect in SCN and SOR revision process..
- Follow-up ENGINEERING progress, anticipating potential issue and report to the FEED Manager with mitigations proposals.
- Provide the technical support for the Call for Tenders to be launched during the ENGINEERING PHASE (FEED and/or DETAILED ENGINEERING).
- Ensure all the safety reviews (HAZID, HAZOP, SIL assessment…) are carried out as plan and that all the identified actions and mitigation measures are implemented.
- Ensure the constructability aspect of the design is accounted for in the technical choices made.
- Coordinate the project technical reviews with respect to the planning and ensure that the findings are responded in due time.
- Prepare the Dossier for the Call of tenders (CFT) of EPC Contract and lead all technical clarifications during CFT process.
- University/college degree
- Have minimum 7 years in the oil & gas industry incl. an experience in FEED or detailed engineering during project execution.
- Experience in Mechanical discipline is préférable.
Languages of delivery: English and French (advanced expertise)
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.