We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Environmental Design Engineer to join our dynamic team. As an Environmental Design Engineer, you will play a crucial role in developing innovative solutions that balance human needs with environmental sustainability. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, evaluate, and implement projects that minimize environmental impact while enhancing the quality of life for communities and individuals.Responsibilities:
- Project Development:
- Collaborate with architects, urban planners, and other stakeholders to integrate sustainable practices into project design.
- Develop and implement design strategies that promote resource efficiency, waste reduction, and environmental conservation.
- Create conceptual designs, drawings, and specifications that align with sustainability goals.
- Environmental Assessment:
- Conduct environmental impact assessments and feasibility studies to identify potential challenges and propose effective solutions.
- Evaluate site conditions, natural ecosystems, and potential environmental risks to inform design decisions.
- Analyze data related to air quality, water resources, energy consumption, and waste management.
- Materials Selection:
- Research and recommend sustainable building materials, considering factors such as durability, recyclability, and embodied carbon.
- Collaborate with suppliers to source environmentally friendly materials that meet project requirements.
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Stay updated on local, national, and international environmental regulations and standards.
- Ensure that designs and projects comply with relevant environmental laws and guidelines.
- Collaboration and Communication:
- Work closely with multidisciplinary teams to integrate environmental considerations throughout the design process.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in designing water treatment and environmental systems (sanitary systems, fire protection systems).
- Able to travel abroad.
- Good command of English communication.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.