Job Title: Environmental Engineer
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Convent, Louisiana
NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the energy industry. Our client, a diversified and sustainable production company forged around a vision for leading the industry through providing customer care, building trusted partnerships, and creating sustained value. Our client has a permanent opportunity for an Environmental Engineer to be based out of Convent, LA. About our client:
Our client is a diversified and sustainable production company forged around a vision for leading the industry through providing customer care, building trusted partnerships, and creating sustained value. Job Summary:
The Environmental Engineer is a technical resource and responsible for supporting all aspects of plant operations in order to safely produce the highest quality direct reduced iron (DRI) at the lowest cost, with the highest productivity levels for the most profitable use in EAF operations. The Environmental Engineer reports to the Environmental Compliance Supervisor. Primary Job Function:
- Tracking, monitoring, calculating, and reporting environmental compliance activities.
- Engineering solutions for improved environmental compliance and efficiency.
- Designing, facilitating, managing projects leading to increased environmental compliance, and determining best practices for environmental compliance.
- Training members of the team, including contractors and vendors, on environmental regulations, permits, and compliance.
- Performing self-audits of the division to identify environmental compliance improvement.
*Safety is the most important part of all jobs within the company; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times. Education/Training:
- 4-year degree in Science or Engineering discipline.
- Experience with Title V and or LPDES/NPDES permitting (new or modifications) within the industry.
- Experience in air pollution control, water treatment operations, hazardous waste, and radiation.
- Experience as a technical resource for state and federal regulations.
- Experience communicating and resolving problems with permits, compliance, and operations.
- 2-3 years of experience in an environmental or engineering role.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.