NES Fircroft have partnered with a global Tier 1 Oil & Gas operator who have a newly created position in their Environmental Field Team based in Regional QLD. The position will be offered on a long term 24 month contract with view to extend, FIFO on a 15/13 field based roster. What’s the role?
As the Environment Advisor Operations, you will be integrating environment into the Asset via strong stakeholder relationships and intimate understanding of management system. You’ll thrive on providing challenge, fit-for-purpose solutions, insights and lessons, simplifying ways of working, and directly supporting our operations. More specifically, your role will include:
What we need from you?
- Implement environment mitigations and HSSE improvement plan initiatives via the ISO14001-certified management system including completing associated regulatory condition compliance and field assurance components.
- Provide technical environmental advice and monitoring as the environmental focal point for the Upstream operations including the coordination of environmental field audits, incident response, management of environmental and regulatory issues and implementing appropriate business aligned solutions.
- Proactively engage and promote environment culture to a wide range of internal stakeholders, facilitating learning within Upstream business unit, and working collaboratively with the wider business to share best practices and address common issues.
When it comes to nurturing collaborative stakeholder relations, your interpersonal and influencing skills will make a difference. You will inspire people to make changes that will have a direct impact on our success. Furthermore, you will have:
- Deep commitment to principles of Goal Zero, Powering Progress and Respecting Nature and personal accountability.
- A Degree(s) or equivalent in a relevant science or environmental science discipline, or environmental management, or environmental engineering.
- Professional experience in site environmental management.
- Demonstrated experience implementing the continuous improvement Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle in ISO14001 Environmental Management Systems.
- Proven experience working with operational teams and positively impacting Environmental culture.
- Proven operational experience and knowledge of industry safety and environment risks.
- General knowledge of Queensland and Federal environment legislation and standards. Working knowledge in the application of HSE legislation, tools and techniques.
- Exposure to working with various stakeholders and quickly building relationship and influence.
- Interpersonal and presentation skills and a willingness to proactively connect stakeholders across the business.
- The courage to share views, insights, uncomfortable truths while accepting and supporting decisions made.
- Relentless drive for simplification and improvement.
This role is based in the Surat Basin (Chinchilla, Dalby, or Wandoan) working a roster of 15 days on (10-hour day) and 13 days off.
Company travel is provided from and to Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.
If you were interested in a confidential discussion about the role, please email Cameron Anderson at NES Fircroft
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.