Facilities Maintenance Technician 12 Month Contract
NES Fircroft are working with a large oil and gas company who are looking for a Facilities Maintenance Technician to join their team at Bacton.
This is an excellent opportunity to work at our clients site at Bacton Gas Terminal where you will be reporting directly to the Maintenance Team Leader.
The role is integral to support both Operational Maintenance activity & Facilities Management on their top tier COMAH site.
This position is a hands-on role and will be required to ensure safe working practices are adhered to, working within the Health, Safety & Environmental policies and procedures at all times. The position will operate on a 7 day on 7 day off rotation of 12hour shifts. Key Responsibilities Include:
Safety & Environmentally Critical Tasks/Courses:
- Facilities Management to include –
- Minor facilities repairs & maintenance
- General handyman tasks that may include painting & decorating, flatpack furniture construction and general building repairs (or liaising with outside vendors for support)
- Terminal contact point for the Facilities Manager in Norwich
- Site wide fire extinguisher management including carrying out routine checks to ensure all fire extinguisher and firefighting equipment on site meets the correct standard for operation
- Ground Maintenance support – assisting the site groundkeeper during peak periods with day-to-day tasks such as grass cutting and strimming
- Site Vehicle Maintenance to ensure that all site vehicles are inspected and maintained and repaired as per OEM requirements on a day to day basis
- Act as permit to work Performing Authority (PA) either for own work or as PA for others working onsite
- Ensure site checks are complete, assisting discipline trades with various site maintenance related tasks
- Ability to operate Forklift and telehandler to carry out duties
- Provide support to the warehouse as required
- Issue and manifest of equipment on and off site using SAP
- Liaise with external vendors as needed to support maintenance & any other activities
- Responsible for maintaining high standards of site presentation and surface drainage including the use of site vehicles, pressure washers and road sweeper attachments
- Maintain site sewerage & domestic plumbing systems
- Collect, wash, inspect, re-size, load for collection and keep records of pipeline spheres or cylindrical PIGS – correcting faults, dispose of damaged items or reorder replacements as agreed with MTL
- Coordinate the Terminal’s waste stream management, in conjunction with the Terminal HSEA, OTL MTL and the contract Waste Co-Ordinator to manage site waste inventories - predict quantities (prior to major clean-out programmes), take meaningful samples, arrange analysis, record, identify, label, secure or quarantine, arrange disposal, track via the Waste Register and keep quantities and storage durations to a minimum.
- Support the Storeman by providing technicians with access to warehoused materials, recording withdrawals and monitoring stock levels. Efficiently use computer-based systems, including SAP and Microsoft Office programmes.
- Manage and maintain personal safety equipment including Breathing Apparatus, fall prevention equipment, portable radio equipment and PPE, ensuring quantities and quality levels are maintained and managed as required.
- Manage and maintain the site-owned flexible hoses and associated connectors and restraints, registering, storing, issuing and controlling all inventory including certification, inspection and re-certification, procurement of new and replacement items to maintain agreed minimum stock levels, quarantine and disposal.
- Manage and maintain stock levels of oils, greases and other agreed chemicals, including the management of storage locations and storage system integrity (drums, barrels, IBC’s, etc.). Use powered handling equipment to transport and stack same, as required.
- Operate forklift trucks, Telehandler and other site-based vehicles in accordance with company and site policies, including management of storage racking systems.
- Promote and demonstrate safety culture within areas of work and campaign for safety improvements.
Key Experience/Qualifications Required:
- Dangerous Goods by Road
- Hose & Connectors
- Permit to work CBT
- Toolbox Talks CBT
- Onshore Muster Marshal
- Permit to work competency checklist
- Forklift/Tele Handler
- Facilities management
- Good communications skills both written and verbal
- Strong relationships skills liaising with both internal & external stakeholders
- Team player with the ability to work on own initiative
- Experience in the offshore/Onshore oil & gas industry would be advantageous
- Strong IT Skills, MS Software/SAP
- Forklift licence
If you are interested in this position, please forward your updated CV
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.