Facility Administrator I Location:
Edmonton, AB Schedule:
Mon-Fri 8hrs/day (7:30am-4pm, unpaid 30 min break) Hours:
8 hours/day, 40 hours/week Contract length:
12 months Job Type:
Submission deadline: Sep 19th Job Description:
The company Workplace Services internal maintenance position is delivers safe efficient service to internal clients in the Edmonton buildings.
• Has a professional approach with the company's team, this position is an extension of the WPS team.
• The maintenance person must be familiar with REWS space standards, furniture and safety.
• The maintenance person should be familiar with Teknion, Ergocentric, Herman Miller and Knoll products.
• Performs furniture and maintenance to control costs and reliance on external service providers.
• Maintenance in common areas is an important, as well as implementing processes such as regular audits of the standards for furniture, repairs and maintenance.
• Uses provided maintenance checklists and schedules preventative maintenance to reduce service calls.
• The maintenance person insures requests are being handled appropriately without needing to double check work being done, and/or being done correctly. Duties
These are support roles for all the company's locations within Edmonton and the surrounding areas to perform the following duties:
- Conduct weekly moves within company's Centre offices and coordinate moves to and from Manulife Place, Emerald Hills and the South Edmonton office.
Pre – move audit using a checklist. Moves- Provide bins for packing, moves chair, nametag and picks up bins after the move is complete. Post- move audit of spaces.
South Edmonton Office- Submit tickets through building request system, fixes chairs and consoles. Name tags to be interofficed to admin when required.
- Completes checklists for off boards via Service Now tickets.
Contacting requester via email for items left behind. Check space for furniture keys, hangers, chair. Arrange for cleaning of space through the building cleaners.
- Completes checklists for onboards via Service Now tickets.
Check space for chair, hangers, furniture keys. Arrange for cleaning of space through the building cleaners.
- 4. Install DIRTT accessories (paper rail, picture hangers, coat hangers), hang personal framed items, swap DIRTT panels for whiteboards (WPS approval) as per Service Now.
- 5. Initial assessment of any Repair and Maintenance with regards to office space.
Includes doors, furniture, fixtures, equipment appliances, lights, etc. Repairing flooring, replacing bulbs in desks and special lighting on floors, adjusting doors and handles, faucets or calling in the vendor to make the repair or replacement is done. Repairing and painting walls in all areas as needed. Maintain and order misc equipment and supplies as required.
- New floor setups - Installing signage, first aid kits, AED's and other tasks as per new floor checklist.
- Monthly Fire extinguisher checks in all company spaces and coordinate yearly inspections with vendor.
- Assistance with end of lease or construction of a floor in preparation as per checklist
- Reconfiguring offices as per standard options (breakout to office (as approved by REWS, and office desk orientation flip)
- Moving small appliances (microwave, toaster, kettle), 3 high cabinets and light weight furniture between buildings as required. If not possible coordinate with move vendor.
- Delivering and ordering replacement keys from the mailroom.
- Deploying ergonomic furniture as requested. Delivery of chairs, and modifications (monitor arms, install sit stand desks/removal of furniture) based on ergonomic reports.
- Switching out key barrels on cabinet locks when required.
- Assisting the mail room, print shop and central records as necessary for large tasks that require additional resources.
- Assisting with volunteer activities (setting up tables and chairs for lobby events).
- Service Now ticket management- Responding to tickets within 24 hours (with notes in the tickets, closing and transferring ticket as required).
- Archibus Space tool -Updating Archibus with chair requirements, office configurations, ergo items, keyboard tray, CPU holder, lamp, fan.
- Performs monthly and quarterly preventative Maintenance as scheduled in Archibus Building Maintenance
- Picks up, order supplies as needed with company credit card (paint, filters, Amazon, G&T, etc)
- Maintain parkade storage and paper storage rooms within company Centre. Items should be inventoried, and inventory list maintained as supplies added or removed.
- Escort Vendors as required (Book loading dock through Hines & Manulife Place, Vendor must be checked in WPS records that they are security cleared if accessing the space unattended) Obtain approval for restricted space.
- Contacting Vendors as needed for chair cleaning, submitting building maintenance requests (Manulife Place and company Centre)
- South Edmonton Office (SEO)- action tickets as submitted weekly/bi-weekly through Service Now (fix chairs, install whiteboard/corkboards, chair organization, other items as required)
- Emerald Hills- action tickets as submitted for this location
- Other duties as assigned.
Any work performed outside of regular business hours must be pre-approved. You may be required to come in afterhours or on weekends to complete tasks that are not ideal during regular work hours (i.e. painting/sanding in areas that could be considered unsafe, etc.) If workload is not able to be completed within a reasonable amount of time during work hours, working late may be required to catch up on tasks. Hourly Wage
Wage reviews will be discussed at the time of contract renewal on an annual basis. Vacation
2 weeks’ notice must be given to coordinate back up coverage. Vacation must be pre-approved and is unpaid. Personal Vehicle Use for Business Purposes
The current allowance will be at company's current rate which is located on Elink and the details of travel must be included on each invoice. (For example, “Downtown to SEO”, “SEO to Emerald Hills”, “Emerald Hills back to Downtown”) Cab or Uber can be charged back to company.
Please be aware that in the event of an accident, the Company's insurers will not cover any damage or loss to the personal vehicle or its contents, nor is there any provision for the company to recognize a possible increase in the employee's automobile insurance premiums.
Company's Safe Communications Policy needs to be adhered to and will be provided for your reference. Safety
All safety requirements and best practices must be adhered to as per company guidelines. Organization standards are at Best Practice; the expectations of our contractors are the same as our employees.
• Safe lifting practices must be upheld- ensuring proper tools are used to limit injury - ramps for vehicles for loading heavy items, skateboards, dolly's, straps, lifting belts, etc.
• Security clearance required every 2 years.
• Insurance carried as per Field Glass requirements - proof must be provided and renewed upon expiry of current documents.
• Damages to items due to extreme negligence will be deducted from invoice amount/pay or will be reimbursed to organization if pursued and claimed through insurance company.
• All the required personal protective equipment must be worn at all times (steel-toed boots or shoes, eye protection, masks or visors when cutting or drilling)
• Company Safety Orientation and Life Safety Rules. Items provided by Organization
The following items are provided by the organization at no charge to maintenance personnel during their course of employment and are to be returned and will be suspended should the contract expire or be terminated.
• Workstation with a chair, laptop, monitors, keyboard, and mouse.
• Storage space for tools and equipment
• Access cards to all areas required
• Reimbursement for purchases pertaining to company requirements (i.e. ceiling tiles, batteries, coat hooks, double-sided tape, paint, etc.) Apply here or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.