Field Engineer – Material / Construction
Contract period: 01.03.2024 - 31.12.2024
Location: Heerema Yard , Vlissingen
- Demonstrate HSSEQ leadership by being a role model. Promoting HSSEQ principles, mindset, and Company SAFER Values. Active participation to achieve project HSSEQ goals.
- Demonstrate HSSEQ Leadership by emphasizing personal commitment.
- Review Contractor’s and Subcontractor’s technical documentation and ensure an adequate standard related to Clients requirements
- Member of Company Construction Site team and contribute to the group as the driving force within your discipline. For day-to-day business report to Construction lead on site.
- Assist the Site Manager for solving technical problems arising during project development and for interfacing/supporting another department.
- Follow up QA/QC routines and procedures for the Construction/Completion phase and follow up by site inspections including pre-fabrication site and report all non-compliance, comment activities to QA-plan, audit, and verification plan.
- Participate in inspection activities according to Inspection and Test plan (ITP) as required.
- Ensure good communication between Contractor and Company and be the connecting link between Site and company’s engineering contractor.
- Ensure that operators have adequate skills in respective trades and continuously follow up on quality of installation activities.
- Follow up the MC documentation during the construction period and verify MC certificates and Punch items on behalf of company. Sign as verifier on behalf of Company in PIMS CMS.
- Participate in SJA, Risk Assessment, HAZID, HAZOP or other HSSEQ related reviews when required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Material Science or similar
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in oil & gas Industry, preferable engineering/Construction
- Working praxis abroad on another Yard is preferable.
- Knowledge and practice of applicable standards for design and construction of Jackets
- Experience with offshore steel construction/MC/fielding work, PIMS CMS experience
- Be self-motivated with a willingness to learn from others and work with minimum direction.
- Actively seeks out know-how and best practice, related to own area of contribution.
- Willingly takes the lead when challenges occur.
- Actively promotes open and effective communication.
- Strong planning and organizing ability.
- Actively promotes a positive team environment, demonstrating shared commitment to the success of the team and the wider project organization.
- Looks for ways to do things better, faster, more efficiently according to LEAN principles.
- Focuses effort and prioritizes work to deliver business value.
- Good knowledge of the English and Norwegian languages (both written and verbal)
- SAFER to be part of the daily work.
- Experience, qualifications, and abilities
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.