Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, an Oil and Gas Producer, is currently looking for a Field Project Control Coordinator for a 1 year contract to be based in Edmonton, Alberta.
Individuals will need to be local to the area as no relocation is provided. Field Control Responsibilities
• Lead and coordinate development of field project control Plan. Participate in the development of field controls deliverables including but not limited to: score card template, RFP review process, progress report variance analysis, and change management procedure.
• Provide analysis and support to the project team related to construction contract management, forecast and budget analysis, schedule review, LEMS entry, reporting of incurred costs and earned value measurements.
• Liaise with other field stakeholders to ensure engagement with the construction progress, changes, highlights and issues. Communicate the construction status and issues with PMs and control team in the office.
• Facilitate weekly progress meetings with contractor rep. and Construction Manager or Chief Inspector.
Project Cost Control Responsibilities
• Lead development of project WBS and project control management plan. Communicate and coordinate scope of work, progress reporting requirements, and company procedures with internal and external stakeholders to ensure conformance with project execution plan.
• Prepare project funding, budgeting, and cost estimate. Perform resource planning and levelling.
• Establish project baselines. Integrate schedule and cost. Perform Earned Value Management, variance analysis, and mitigation strategies.
• Monitor and manage approved budget, incurred cost, commitment, and forecast at completion.
• Initiate, monitor and report Change Orders and AFE Revisions. Manage contingency and escalation.
• Assist project manager in reviewing the bidding documents.
• Prepare accurate multi-level project reports. Participate project meeting. Present cost status and major issues to project team. Propose and execute preventative and corrective actions.
• Post secondary education in engineering or construction. Project Management Professional credential (PMP) is preferred
• Minimum of 8+ years of experience in construction, specific knowledge and experience related to pipeline projects
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work with a minimum level of supervision
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively in a team environment
• Computer skills using Power BI, Ecosys, Oracle, SAP and Microsoft Office products specifically Excel
This position involves site visits which has exposure to heavy equipment, noise and uneven surfaces.