NES Fircroft are delighted to be partnering with a major oil and gas operator who are looking for a FPSO Hull Electrical Engineer to work on one of their key projects in Paris. You will be working on a FPSO project. The position will be on a 1 year renewable contract. The schedule will be Mon – Fri. In return the individual will be provided with an attractive rate.
The service holder reports hierarchically to the FPSO Hull Manager and shall oversee and approve EPSCC Contractor and subcontractors’ work related to their discipline for a FPSO (VLCC sized) conversion project. The service holder shall also oversee and approve the activities related to Hull Electrical EPSCC carried out by the EPSCC contractor and its subcontractors, focusing on the successful and timely execution of the project. Start date
: January 2024 Location:
Paris(Service located in France for the engineering and procurement phase in 2023/2024, then with the potential to be located within the premises of the FPSO contractors selected integration yard during the construction period) Rate:
Negotiable depending on experience The main duties of the position:
- Demonstrate of an exemplary approach with regards to HSE
- Implement HSE requirements within the Electrical discipline
Areas of expertise:
- Oversee and review/approve the Electrical engineering related activities to the FPSO Hull works performed by the EPSCC Contractor and its subcontractors.
- Oversee and review/approve the Electrical engineering drawings.
- Oversee and review/approve the Electrical procedures, specifications, etc.
- Oversee and review the selection of Electrical equipment, the procurement, the fabrication, testing and delivery.
- Oversee and review the Electrical construction activities in the shipyard are compliant with the design and Company requirements.
- Oversee the electrical input for the 1.7 and 5MW generations, HVAC, Air Compressor, HPUs and hull equipment, Living Quarter Block.
- Oversee the electrical input for the Switchboards 6.6kV, 440V, 230V, transformers, etc.
- Oversee the mechanical completion and the commissioning of the Electrical systems for the FPSO Hull Conversion works.
- Review Classification documentation for the Electrical discipline and support the process of classification approval.
- Review the spare parts strategy and actual requirements.3
- Estimate work activities and propose optimization and improvements to maintain schedule compliance.
- Promptly respond to engineering clarifications, request for deviations and unexpected technical issues, by a proactive and proficient approach.
- Ensure proper reporting, highlighting critical issues to the Hull Manager and proposing remedial actions.
- Demonstrate an exemplary behaviour and leadership towards HSE practices & requirements and for ensuring that HSE requirements are duly implemented within his area of responsibility.
- Organize and participate in weekly/monthly progress meetings as required.
- Develop internal procedures if needed.
- Assist in development and follow-up of the quality program for the FPSO Hull works.
- Organise and participate to project reviews.
- Advance Expertise in Electrical Engineering activities in Major Oil & Gas projects.
- Chartered Engineering expertise
- Preferable with marine electrical experience.
- Knowledge Classification Society Rules
- Preferable HV certified/ competent.
- Experience with FPSO Conversion projects.
- Rigorous and solution orientated expertise to task completion, ability to put issues into perspectives
- Organization, communication, leadership and transverse coordination expertise for task completion
- Languages of the service: English mandatory, other relevant languages beneficial
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.