NES Fircroft is currently looking to recruit an Instrument Engineer with Functional Safety experience on behalf of their client based in Teesside. This is a contract role with a duration of 12 months initially (Outside IR35). The Instrument Engineer will work with the design team and will be responsible for the production of technical documentation to high professional standards within challenging programmes and budgets. Mon-Fri office based with flexi hours.
KEY TASKS AND MAIN DUTIES
- Prepare and/or check specifications, data sheets, loop diagrams, schedules, instrument index, calculations and compliance with International Standards and Codes of Practice
- Co-ordinate/liaise with other Engineering disciplines/client/package vendors
- Interpret Vendor and other discipline drawings/information
- Work to time schedules and budgets
- Comply with Company Quality Management Systems
- Other professional duties reasonably required
- University Degree preferred
- Chartered or working towards Chartered status preferred
- TUV certified Functional Safety Engineer
- Background in Heavy Engineering/Chemical/Petrochemical Industries preferred.
- Experience of Functional Safety
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- English Language – written, spoken and technical
- Ability to convert data sheets or technical communications into Engineering Documents
- Ability to read drawings from other Engineering disciplines
- Ability to design/work to International Standards and Codes of Practice
- Ability to Liaise/co-ordinate work with other disciplines
- Awareness of Quality Management System philosophy
ESSENTIAL SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE
- IT Literate
- Experience of SmartPlant Instrumentation preferable
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.