My client is currently seeking a General Laborer for a 1 year contract in San Jose, CA. This has the intent to turn direct or extend!
The main function of a General Laborer is to manually move freight, stock, or other materials or perform other unskilled general labor.
• Attach identifying tags to containers, or mark them with identifying information.
• Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs.
• Record numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
• Move freight, stock, and other materials to and from storage and production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, and containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, and other equipment.
• Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
• Assemble product containers and crates, using hand tools and precut lumber.
• Load and unload ship cargo, using winches and other hoisting devices.
• Pack containers and re-pack damaged containers.
• Carry needed tools and supplies from storage or trucks, and return them after use.
• Verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
• Team player and detail oriented.
• Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• 0-2 years experience required.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.