Job Title :Genset Reliability Engineer Department :Operations/ESP Squad Supervision responsibility :N/A Location :Basra, Iraq Work pattern :Rotational 28/28 or daily 5/2
The ESP Squad
The ESP Squad is an agile multidisciplinary team who are accountable for delivery of the ESP Transformation Strategy. Today the client field has 300+ online ESPs producing above 600 mbd of oil, by 2030 this will grow to 1400 ESPs and over 1200 mbd. The products that the ESP Squad are delivering will improve operational and cost efficiency and ensure that the organisation and ways of working are ready for 1400 ESPs Role Synopsis
The ESP Genset Reliability Engineer will be a key contributor to the ESP Squad and ESP power generation reliability value chain by effective management of Gensets reliability and associated supply and installation contractors’ performance and maintenance quality which in return increases equipment uptime and minimize production losses. Key Accountabilities
A Genset Reliability Engineer is responsible for the below tasks relating to Diesel Gensets used to power ESP Wells:
Essential experience and job requirements
- Analysing Genset failure data to identify patterns and trends.
- Conducting root cause analysis to determine the underlying cause of problems.
- Familiarity with technical design and operational functionality as applicable to failure analysis of diesel generators.
- Acquire and interpret data from company remote access data communications monitoring and from surface equipment history files to facilitate analysis of failures and to promote Genset reliability and producing statistical reports.
- Developing and implementing new maintenance procedures
- Develop and attend acceptance tests and inspection criteria for new commissioned Generators.
- Designing and implementing new procedures for monitoring and testing equipment.
- Finding new technologies and processes that can improve equipment performance and reliability or potentially replace diesel gensets.
- Developing training programs for Company BOC field personnel.
- Collaborating with other departments to ensure that reliability is integrated into all aspects of the organization.
- Monitoring of genset maintenance contractor performance
- SPA for Genset warranty claims. Compiles Warranty claims, and witnesses failed generator tear-down together with generator supplier and generator maintenance representatives.
- Works towards reducing surface equipment losses by owning RCFA and 5-whys processes.
- Attending equipment FAT visits.
- Support/Promote quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with contractors and relevant company supporting teams.
- Engineering degree level qualification, or equivalent experience (5+ years), required.
- The candidate should have significant experience in Genset mechanical and electrical reliability.
- Experience in the RCFA (Root Cause Failure Analysis) process.
- Full communication in English (speech, reading and writing)
- Excellent skills in interpersonal relations and communication.
- Demonstrated strong decision making, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer and software skills
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.