NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Job Title: Ground Disturbance Supervisor IV Location: Fort McMurray Length: 1 year contract to start Rotation: 14/14, 12 hour days Description:
Assignment Scope: Key Accountabilities
- The Ground Disturbance Supervisor primary role is to protect and prevent unauthorized contact with the clients underground assets.
- Supports the SIMOPS Shift Supervisor and Coordinators in maintaining zero line strikes or incidents.
- Has a full and comprehensive understanding of all corporate regulatory ground disturbance policies; procedures or guidelines that come under NEB, AER, OH&S and adheres to them.
- Has a clear understanding of the Alberta One call process and for the timely processing of Alberta One Call Tickets from cradle to grave.
- Dispatches Line locate crews as and when required.
- Issues Ground Disturbance permits and assisting all parties with the Ground Disturbance process.
- Supervises all Ground Disturbance activities as per SOP to ensure the protection of underground pipelines and facilities.
- Ensures that electronic and hard copies of applicable documentation is filed and kept up to date.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with all stakeholders that may affect or be affected in the Surmont area of operations.
- Reports abnormal situations to SIMOPS Supervisor immediately.
- Participates, reviews and provides input in the 28/90 day schedules.
- Participates, reviews and provides input to all future Greenfield and Brownfield Construction projects at their infancy stages.
- Attends Construction, Projects and Operations Meetings where required.
- Supports and complies with the policies, goals, efforts, and programs of the clients Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System.
- Ensures HSE issues are given primary consideration in all activities undertaken within area of responsibility.
- Reports unsafe acts and/or conditions, no matter in what area of responsibility, so corrective actions can be taken.
- Has a clear understanding of the Life Saving Rules.
- Ensures the safety of the work environment of all employees and contractors.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
Apply here or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Typically, 15+ years of experience.
- Provides oversight for multiple functional areas through senior lead staff.
- Responsible across the operation for strategic/functional support.
- Adapts and executes functional business plans; deploys resources to achieve financial and business objectives.
- Decisions are guided by functional strategies/priorities.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.