Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
We have highly skilled, social, and creative people working in our Electrical department.
Wellbeing, communication, and hard work is important to us, and we work together as a team to deliver to our customers.
To strengthen our team, Aker Solutions
team in Fornebu
is looking for a Group Lead Area Engineering - EIT
who can help us succeed. What will you be doing?
You will be working as Group Lead Area Engineering - EIT
together with other colleagues in an upcoming project, your responsibility includes but not limited to the following:
We think you should have some of the following:
- Lead of electrical design group
- Electrical 3D modeling (PDMS/E3D) and electrical design
- Perform electrical area design such as Cable ladder/tray design including support, electrical room design, lighting design including calculations, electrical field design, penetrations, nodal design and cable routing
- Develop relevant area engineering documents such as cable rack/tray Iso, support documentation, lighting & small power layouts, block diagrams/earthing drawings, bulk MTO’s and typical installation details
- Review and implement vendor information for equipment package interface into area design
- Follow-up of tie-in and hook-up activities affecting electrical discipline
- Ensure implementation of statutory requirements, design basis, specifications, standards, intern work instruction and corporate requirements
- Report progress to discipline lead on activities and deliverables against project schedule
- Follow-up of verification activities to ensure quality in the disciplines work
- Relevant higher education
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience from area design in an EPC environment, preferably from the oil and gas industry
- Good knowledge of typical electrical equipment used in the oil and gas industry
- Experience from PDMS/E3D or other similar applications/systems
- Multidiscipline understanding (typ. piping, structure, instrument)
- Prefer experience/practice from shipyards or other Installation companies
- FEED experience
- Work in team, also with teams from different locations
- Lead experience
- Previous experience with Aker Solutions tools and methods is an advantage
- Software Skills: Microsoft office tools, PDMS / E3D or similar
- Fluent English, written and spoken
Fornebu, Oslo – or Kristiansand Contract duration:
January 2025 with option for extension
Part time in February/March can be considered. More reasons to work with us:
Only applications received online will be considered, not via email. For further information about the position please contact:
- Opportunity to grow your network and develop professionally by integrating yourself into highly competent teams within world-renowned organizations in the energy sector
- On-going support from our experienced recruitment and back-office support professionals
- Exclusive access to all Aker Solutions’ project positions in Norway, with access to permanent positions when these are offered; we are the only company that has a frame agreement with Aker Solutions for project employments
- Fantastic office building with onsite canteen and training facilities
Adele MacDonald, Senior Recruiter, NES Advantage, email@example.com NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions` global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services. As project employee you will be employed by NES Advantage Solutions AS, working for Aker Solutions.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.