Chevron Australia are seeking an experienced HSE Specialist, Turnaround Planning to join their team based in Perth. This will be a 4-month contract with potential to extend and will report to the Produce Safety Services Team Lead. Turnaround planning activities may be supplemented with other related HSE activities as opportunity allows. Position Description:
The HSE Specialist- Turnaround Planning will provide Operational Excellence leadership and generalist HSE operational guidance and support to the Turnaround event team, the Primary Maintenance Contractor HSE Lead and Chevron internal SME stakeholders to:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Provide HSE support and guidance to the Turnaround team and produce specific deliverables in support of the Turnaround scheduled for April 2024, including but not limited to:
- Identification and confirmation of turnaround ‘execution’ HSE resources
Ensuring all turnaround resources are trained and competent for their roles, including confirming training and competency requirements of various Turnaround roles with scope owners, oversight of role profiles, interface with training and mobilization teams, designing assurance over training requirements.
- Co-develop HSE team member and Supervisor turnaround orientation materials.
Work with planners to design updated fatigue management guideline into work patterns.
- Provide oversight of occupational hygiene planning and risk reduction measures.
- Complete or ensure completion of HAZID action items and develop safeguard verification checklists.
- Work with other team members on joint deliverables, and/or review Primary Maintenance Contractor deliverables.
- Participate in regular meetings, to report progress and gain alignment.
- Ability to facilitate and participate in risk studies (HAZIDs) as a safety & health SME, and assist in the identification of safeguards, and plan safeguard verification activities for project field execution.
- Tertiary qualification in Health & Safety, or HSE.
- Experience in the oil and gas sector, preferably with Turnaround/Shutdown experience
Nice to have skills:
- Experience in human and organisational performance principles and their application.
- Experience in designing assurance activities and field experience in practical application of assurance activities – understanding work as designed and work as done.
If you would like to find out more about htis role, please contact Ciara.Stack@NesFircroft.com or apply directly through the link provided.
* Must have work rights in Australia to apply*
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.