Chevron Australia is seeking a HSE Specialist for a 2-year contract with potential to extend. This position will be FIFO from Perth to Barrow Island on a 2/2 roster.
The Barrow Island HSE Specialist will provide field based HSE coordination and oversight on the Jansz-Io Compression (J-IC) project for a number of Phase 4 contracts executing work on Civils & Underground and Electrical room tie ins to the Plant.
The role will support J-IC execution through Phase 4 activities on Barrow Island until completion.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Provide Health & Safety (H&S) leadership, support and coaching to the J-IC Project BWI Construction Team and J-IC Execution Contractors performing work on BWI within an operational LNG Plant Environment as part of the BWI J-IC.
• Lead HSE audits, inspections and field assurance verifications to ensure execution contractor compliance with HSE management systems – in particular Permit to Work, electrical work, Isolation of Hazardous Energy, SIMOPS and Control of Work expectations.
• Lead Incident Investigation and Reporting for all on-plot J-IC related incidents.
• Provide direction and support to J-IC Execution Contractor HSE personnel.
• Maintain liaison and communications between JIC Off-plot HSE and other MCP HSE functions on BWI.
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Health & Safety and/or Environmental – Degree, Diploma, Certificate or relevant experience
• 5+ years H&S experience collaborating with contractors to deliver HSE performance outcomes.
• Experience working in the execution phase of a major capital project (MCP).
• Demonstrated experience in leading the implementation of a project safety culture.
• Experience in an Operational LNG Plant with construction activities, Heavy / Critical lifting, HV Electrical and/or Commissioning Environment is highly desirable.
• Experience in Phase 4 Contractor HSE Management and/or execution of field-based activities on BWI or offshore would be highly beneficial for this role.
• The J-IC project will have a range of construction/ installation activities on BWI requiring HSE oversight. An understanding in Managing Safe Work, Control of Work processes and OE Management Systems are necessary for this role.
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills and the ability to engage with all levels of the business in a professional and courteous manner and be proficient in the Microsoft suite of applications.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships that contribute to high-class business results.
• Demonstrated commitment to Chevron’s values of integrity, partnership and trust and achieving an incident and injury free environment.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.