Our client, a major Oil and Gas Operator are currently seeking a HSSE Execution Lead for a 2-year contract with potential to extend. This role will be primarily offshore based, and Perth based Position Summary:
The role will be responsible for assisting with the implementation of the Client’s Wells Assist and Assure program. This consists of audit, train, coach, & mentoring onsite personnel to ensure Drilling operational HSSE agenda focus areas are implemented and sustained on all sites within the region. Duties & Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Coach onsite supervisors and teams to provide effective implementation of the Assist and Assure program.
- Assess the embedding of the HSSE agenda focus areas against the Client’s requirements.
- Develop systematic and practical action plans to close any gaps.
- Train, mentor, advise and assist site personnel in the implementation of required action items.
- Advise site managers superintendents and supervisors in the day-today safety matters including dissemination and implementation of the safety policies, rules, and procedures within the scope of offshore operations.
- Assist site managers to implement and embed HSE programs on site.
- Participate and present at site HSSE meetings to facilitate sharing of best practices and learnings.
- Ensure all HSE activities required by the Wells or Business Improvement Plan are implemented on site. Develop an approved feedback report for each site visit and present onsite and to management each hitch.
- Deliver A&A training as required.
- Promote a HSE aware culture to contractors and staff on site.
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership daily and coach others to be safety leaders as required.
- Coach onshore personnel the Assist and Assure program and initiatives that will be imbedded in the Drilling Campaign.
- Support the online induction module for Assist and Assure for Wells.
- Support all campaign start up workshops.
- Train offshore teams and implement the Assist and Assure program prior to start up.
- Implement DROPS awareness training for the campaign.
- Support auditing of contractor safety management systems.
- 10 years of experience in the O&G industry, with up to 4 years offshore experience
- Formal HSE Qualification, Site experience with HSE supervisory exposure.
- Implementation of the Assist and Assure program.
- Offshore Drilling or Well Services background.
- Exposure to operations and process safety principles.
- Strong experience in managing subcontractors and service providers.
- Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Control.
- Practical HSE Auditing / Assessment.
- Rose Plot assurance.
- User of established HSE systems, techniques, tools & software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- HSE Management Systems
- Undergraduate Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or other undergraduate qualification in a related field plus substantial occupational HSE experience in a heavy industry (e.g., oil and gas, mining, or construction).
- Sound knowledge of The Offshore Petroleum and Greenhouse Gas Storage (Safety), OPGGS(S) Regulations 2009.
- Implementation of Assist and Assure safety program.
- Offshore Drilling experience
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- Operational Experience
- Operator Experience
- Drilling / Well Services Contractor Experience
- Ability to undertake domestic travel.
- Ability to work offshore on a rotational basis.
If interested in this position, please reach out to Ciara Stack to discuss further.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.