This company's purpose pushes us forward to search for new ways to reduce the amount of carbon released into the atmosphere, and to innovate circular solutions to reuse carbon again and again. Are you going to help us combat climate change? We are looking for a HSSEQ engineer for our location in Rotterdam.
This position opens up a high degree of creative freedom and is therefore aimed at people who see this as a challenge in order to break new ground together with the local site team.
- Govern, drive and implement Corporate Principle and Standard that interface Environment Management System with Health & Safety, Emergency Management, Operational Safety, Chemical Safety to the right level of expectation, requirements and standard set by Corporate HSSEQ and local regulators
- Help to set-up and consolidate the HSSEQ culture, performance and associated development activities at the NEPR site
- Coordinate the implementation of the HSSEQ processes within the site in general and lead parts of the implementation which have been agreed together with the respective stakeholders
- Support compliance with HSSEQ processes on site, incl. planning and conducting audits and support for the further development of sufficient and effective auditing processes
- Provide expertise to analyse and to report the HSSEQ performance and to prioritise development areas together with the involved stakeholders
- Creation and continuous development of the monthly HSSEQ reporting for NEPR by using established tools, e.g. such as NCR and PowerBI
- Support the further integration and continuous improvement of HSSEQ on site in daily work processes, by using leadership principles. The local stakeholders should be guided and if needed coached in the HSSEQ area
- Collaboration with Rotterdam HSSEQ and the leadership team at NEPR to ensure the right level of sustainable HSSEQ performance in accordance with agreed performance plans
- Support and lead new HSSEQ initiatives (e.g. “I act safe” or “No harm together”), together with the involved local team
- Active contribution in HSSEQ development by actively networking also with HSSEQ experts at Rotterdam and from corp. HSSEQ, e.g. on common practices and processes, etc
- Perform structured risk and root cause analyses, provide advice and draft risk management action plans
- Ensure that relevant HSSEQ procedures are developed, implemented and tailor made for the NEPR site
- Be active in performing safety observations involving all relevant stakeholders on site
- Analyse HSSEQ related training needs on site and assist in rolling out those trainings
You will report to the Head of HSSEQ Netherlands and will closely work with the local site leadership team Rotterdam Refinery and line management.
Best combination of background and experience:
- BSc+ relevant to this role with at least 5 to 7 years suitable experience (HSSEQ, operations, projects) and technical expertise
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and drive implementation of above mentioned elements in a key position
- This role expects, but also enables, a high degree of personal freedom to actively shape and support the HSSEQ performance at the NEPR site, always keeping the “fit for purpose” approach in mind.
- Proven capability of reaching results and driving change with sustainable improvements
- Strong competence with HSSEQ knowledge and good understanding of relevant laws, regulations and also the internal standards
- Able to work in a structured way is expected; prior experience in using management tools would be a benefit
- Hands-on experience in occupational health and safety, but also solid experience in management system related topics, processes and practices is a must. Experience in environmental area that are above the basic requirements is a benefit
- Operational experience would be a plus
- Good communication skills and good ability to work in both Dutch and English (written and oral)
- Leadership and influencing skills
In order to be able to perform this role as independently as possible, pronounced technical expertise in the areas of Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality is essential.
The workplace will be in the Netherlands at the Rotterdam-Maasvlakte and travel activities will be incidentally to Finland.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.