NES Fircroft are currently recruiting for an HVDC Control & Protection Engineer for our client, who are a world-renowned pioneer in HVDC technology.
HVDC Control & Protection Design Engineer
Location: Glasglow or Birmingham
Job type: Permanent
Hybird working: Yes
Do you want to enable green energy transition, and together with colleagues build customized embedded control systems consisting of both software and hardware to meet our customers’ and the world’s needs for sustainable, flexible and insecure energy?
We are convinced that HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current) technology, solutions for energy transfer with direct current at high voltages, is a long-term sustainable solution. The technology is used for energy transmission over long distances and to connect electricity networks with minimal losses. In addition to energy transfer, HVDC technology alsoalleviates electricity quality problems and can contribute to the stabilization of connected power grids. For offshore wind power or long-distance underwater transmissions, direct current is the only realistic energy transmission alternative.
In this role as a control & protection software design engineer, you will be a part of a department which is responsible for automation systems and digital real-time control of the plants and transmissions. The need for this expertise is increasing and we are therefore looking for both freshly graduated students and senior engineers to join our team.
Are you ready to contribute to an ultra-relevant industry to save the planet? Do not hesitate to send your application. We appreciate potential and personal commitment equal to experience. We offer you an exciting and stimulating work environment, where you become an important team player collaborating to deliver our world-class technology and developing the best HVDC control for our customers.
• You will be part of all phases of delivery, which includes design, maintenance, testing, integration,
verification, and deployment of the HVDC control & protection application functions needed for safe
and reliable operations of plants and transmission links.
• The position also includes documentation and customer trainings.
• Opportunity to travel internationally for long and short assignments.
• You are living company core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility
for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
• Sense of responsibility, and the capability of planning and organizing your daily work and a problem
solver who takes initiatives to solve challenges.
Qualifications / Background
• You hold a Bachelor or Master’s degree within the relevant technical area.
• You have previous experience working with HVDC projects.
• Experience in design and testing of control system.
• You have a strong interest or skills within industrial application development and programming.
• As you will be a part of a global business, fluency in English is required, written and spoken alike.
• Experience or strong interest in digital technology, signal processing and control system design is seen
as an advantage.
• Experience from the power system industry - for example power system control and protection
systems and automation, simulation and modelling procedures (real-time or offline) is also seen as an
advantage in the role
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.