HVDC Main Circuit Equipment Engineer
Do you want to enable green energy transition, and together with colleagues build customized embedded control systems consisting of both software and hardware to meet our customers’ and the world’s needs for sustainable, flexible and insecure energy?
We are convinced that HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current) technology, solutions for energy transfer with direct current at high voltages, is a long-term sustainable solution. The technology is used for energy transmission over long distances and to connect electricity networks with minimal losses. In addition to energy transfer, HVDC technology also alleviates electricity quality problems and can contribute to the stabilization of connected power grids. For offshore wind power or long-distance underwater transmissions, direct current is the only realistic energy transmission alternative.
In this role as a Main Circuit Equipment Engineer, You will be part of our clietns HVDC unit. Are you ready to join us for a career with no limits and a place where you can be yourself? We are interested to learn more about you and what you can contribute with so don't hesitate to apply even though you don't meet all requirements. A team with great cooperation and with diverse backgrounds is waiting for you to join!.
Are you ready to contribute to an ultra-relevant industry to save the planet? Do not hesitate to send your application. We appreciate potential and personal commitment equal to experience. We offer you an exciting and stimulating work environment, where you become an important team player collaborating to deliver our world-class technology and developing the best HVDC control for our customers.
• As a Project Engineer, you will work mainly with electrical design of main circuit equipment in projects with medium to high complexity.
• Collaborate with the Supply Chain function to ensure that technical requirements for equipment are communicated and agreed with potential suppliers.
• Witness tests of equipment and participate in commissioning on site
• Provide technical evaluation of supplier proposals and accept as fit for purpose supplied equipment
• Collaborate with system design, mechanical design, and control for continuous improvement
• Interact directly with customers and suppliers as well as work in project teams where technical coordination within scope and technical problem solving is part of the role
• Attend project meetings and present specific aspects of engineering assignments Maintain network of engineering professionals and share engineering best practice across different projects and disciplines.
• Live Hitachi Energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
• Sense of responsibility, and the capability of planning and organizing your daily work and a problem solver who takes initiatives to solve challenges.
Qualifications / Background
• We are looking for engaged, structured, persistent, well-organized, and driven person who is a true team player
• You hold a Bachelor or Master’s degree within the relevant technical area.
• You can make the complex simple and show creativity in your approach to problem solving
• You are ready to work in an international and multicultural work environment.
• You have worked with High Voltage Equipment or have experience with performing studies for rating of high voltage equipment
• Previous work experience in related area
• Flexibility and an open mindset are important features to be successful in this role Fluency in English, both written and spoken is required to be able to interact with various stakeholders.
• UK based
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.