Our client is a global manufacturer of Speciality Chemicals and Polymers and due to continued growth, they are now looking to add an Asset IE Engineer to their team. You will work within a plant area that has seen significant recent investment and includes a diverse array of equipment types with further major investment continuing in this plant area. Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Identify improvement initiatives to develop maintenance strategies to best practice.
- Generate Asset Care Policies and perform a review of Preventative Maintenance routines.
- Provide discipline expertise and root cause analysis in troubleshooting asset vulnerabilities to minimise impact on the long-term operating plan.
- Provide discipline expertise for identified Polymers improvement projects and act as formal discipline sign off to ensure required level of service delivery.
- Lead trouble-shooting on critical equipment failures to establish root cause of failure and define design improvements to eliminate faults.
- Provide E&I support to the programme of CAPEX projects in the Polymers business.
- Develop, specify and procure critical E&I equipment and strategic spares.
- Define and continuously develop the long term (+10 year) E&I Strategy for Polymers to ensure clear sight of future budgets and workloads.
- Ensure correct overall E&I spend to meet asset requirements within available budget and where required, drive appropriate prioritisation.
- Hold a Degree qualification within Electrical, Instrumentation or a relevant discipline.
- Ideally hold Chartered status with professional Institution
- Strong understanding of discipline legislative and regulatory requirements and demonstrated ability to appropriately translate these requirements into equipment inspection/maintenance regimes.
- Have a solid understanding of IEC 61511 Safety instrumented systems, preferably TUV certified FS Eng.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of IEC 60079 ATEX preferably Compex trained.
- Have the ability to carry out Instrument & Electrical site audits and verify installation of equipment.
- Have experience of development of E&I CAPEX projects in a production or manufacturing facility e.g. asset care.
- Be experienced in looking after a plant or asset, such as petrochemical / refining manufacturing facility, power station, off-shore platform, water treatment facility, distillery etc. including new equipment commissioning and problem solving on varied E&I equipment.
- Be skilled in troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Have experience of following a Plant Modification process and associated documentation management systems.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.