Our client is a global manufacturer of Speciality Chemicals and Polymers and due to continued growth, they are now looking to add a TAR IE Engineer to their team. This role is to be based within a new Central Operations Team, which will help support Turnaround (shutdown) activities across all assets on site. Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Provide engineering input and expertise to ensure the shutdown (TAR) is delivered safely & on time.
- Define and implement each asset care policy for all Instrument and Electrical equipment to ensure delivery of ongoing asset reliability, integrity and cost commitments.
- Specify and audit all ATEX and SIS activities to ensure continual legal compliance.
- Define all Instrument and Electrical engineering standards, procedures and practices to ensure full compliance with current and future discipline integrity and legislative requirements.
- Review asset spares and equipment holding to maximise asset reliability and to drive TAR efficiency/cost performance.
- Ensure correct overall Instrument and Electrical spend to meet asset requirements within available budget and where required, drive appropriate prioritisation.
- Identify any long lead or special items to the TAR Manager for approval.
- Look for any opportunities to maximise pre-TAR works or alternative rationale for performing works outside of a TAR. Both with the benefit of removing scope from the TAR executions.
- Review TAR work scope requirements (in accordance with asset strategy) with the Asset Engineer and assist in execution to support delivery of safe, on time and to budget TAR's.
- Candidates will hold a Degree qualification within Instrument / Electrical Engineering.
- Be a Chartered Engineer, or working towards this
- Have experience in a similar role with TAR’s/Shutdowns
- Demonstrate knowledge of theory and practice of managing equipment reliability systems and processes e.g. asset care.
- Have a strong understanding of discipline legislative and technology requirements with the ability to appropriately translate to equipment inspection/maintenance regimes.
- Be skilled in troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Be CompEx certified to carry out ATEX inspections.
- Be FSEng TUV certified to work on and maintain ESD shutdown systems.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.