JOB DETAIL Job Purpose
- To provide technical industrial hygiene support to the Company in order to achieve production goals or construction activities safely by controlling health hazards in the workplace.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s) - I
- Operates in specialist environment anticipating and identifying all possible occupational health hazards, establishing exposure assessment strategy, assessing exposure to the work force, prioritising health risks, and determining appropriate monitoring and control requirements for worker and contractor health protection.
- Managing workplace health hazards categorized as physical, chemical or biological in accordance with established Company policies, Government laws and internationally recognized standards.
- Influencing operations team to provide long-term sustainable solutions to minimise health risks.
Key Job Accountabilities - I
- Leads development and implementation of Industrial Hygiene Program (IHP), ensuring compliance with relevant occupational health and industrial hygiene standards, government laws and internationally recognized standards.
- Conducts Health Risk Assessment (HRA) to assess exposure to the work force as part of the IHP. Participates in meetings with the various department teams to present findings related to the Health Risk Assessment (HRA) and Industrial Hygiene Program and communicate risk priorities and effective solutions.
- Develops the Annual Exposure Assessment Strategy (EAS) based on HRA outcomes, identifies equipment and consumables required, organise quotes and prepares documentation to obtain items to support the program.
- Designs and evaluates monitoring strategies for personal exposure assessment as part of the EAS in onshore, offshore and offsites locations, to determine (qualitative) and quantify exposure risk for different Similar Exposure Groups (SEGs).
Key Job Accountabilities - II
- Evaluates workplace health issues, raised by operations and projects departments, and recommends control measures to prevent or minimize health risks and implements monitoring and control strategies for unacceptable exposures. Collaborates with Medical Department to ensure solutions for health issues to include medical monitoring where appropriate.
- Ensures implementation of IHP in onshore, offshore and offsites facilities, conducts audit programs to identify gaps in conformance to the IHP and to determine level of compliance.
- Establishes engineering and non-engineering control measures (work practices and/or personal protective equipment) as applicable, to reduce unacceptable exposure risk and verify/ evaluate the suitability of selected controls.
- Develops and delivers applicable workplace health protection awareness and training including exposure prevention, hazard communications, hearing conservation, heat stress management, radiation protection, respiratory protection, ergonomics and others as directed by the Head of Industrial Hygiene. Develops and implements IH training programs and competency assessment for Qatari National NDP programs.
Key Job Accountabilities - III
- Participates in shutdown planning process to ensure that adequate resources are available during shutdown relative to support staff, training, PPE, monitoring equipment. Develops and support the implementation of shutdown specific EAS and produces reports and presentations to support the lessons learned process.
- Identifies process change and determines improvement opportunities, develops key activities plans and key process indicators to support continuous improvement initiatives in the IH section and H&S department areas. Leads the development and review of internal and external industrial hygiene procedures in accordance with QGMS and provide consultation to the key stakeholders.
- Reviews all new chemicals (both routine and non-routine) and conducts safety assessment to determine suitability for use on site. Provides recommendations on appropriate control measures to mitigate exposure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, Chemical/Environmental Engineering, Chemistry, or Environmental Health Sciences (with Industrial Hygiene or Toxicology courses).
- Professional designation as an Industrial Hygienist (CIH, ROH, COH) and other additional professional safety certifications are highly desirable (e.g., CSP, CRSP, CMIOSH).
Knowledge and/or Experience - I
- 10 years’ experience in industrial hygiene/Occupational Health and Safety including at least 5 years in the oil and gas industry, or petrochemicals/manufacturing setting.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email your CV to:
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.