Overall Job Summary:
This position is responsible for the management & control of the Superior Refinery master process safety data / drawings to be compliant with and support the client's Operational Integrity Management (OIMS) Element 4 Information Management (IM) practices and OSHA Process Safety Information requirements, including Management of Change (MOC).
The role will receive project information handover quality control, migration into accepted repositories and version control. This role must have strong background in information management to provide quality control on project engineering drawing deliverables metadata handed over from projects to ensure the client's expectations are met and the drawings represent the asset engineering information expected.
Applicant must be passionate, dynamic, energetic, and persistent to drive change and transition refinery to modern data driven systems, including development of methodology and procedures.
• Maintain control of Process Safety Information master copies of drawings, technical / operations / safety documents and technical document issued to internal/external users.
• OIMS Information Management Element steward, including policy and procedure update and compliance
• Review and quality check incoming process safety information and drawings packages to ensure all required drawings/technical/ safety / operations documents are received contain accurate information.
• Manage equipment & instrument databases, assign equipment & instrument numbers as requested.
• Collaborate with technical services, maintenance and operations function of the Superior Refinery.
• Work effectively with staff at various levels, within the refinery and with the corporate head office with tact and diplomacy
• This is an entry level position with immense potential to grow, develop, and be mentored by senior subject matter experts in this field
• Ensure current revision of all Process Safety Information, including Safe Operating Procedures, drawings, technical / operations. / safety documents are available, issued and tracked. Assign document numbers as requested. Support management of concurrent engineering & redline processes.
• Maintain control of Process Safety Information master copies of drawings, technical / operations / safety documents and technical document issued to internal/external users. Review and quality check incoming process safety information and drawings packages to ensure all required drawings/technical/ safety / operations documents are received contain accurate information. Manage equipment & instrument databases, assign equipment & instrument numbers as requested.
• Provide training to Site team when required for Process Safety Information management. Collaborate with internal stakeholders and team members to identify and change current processes for more efficient working activities
• Understanding of taxonomy, metadata, and document management practices. Tracking record managing KPI and records retention compliance. Managing documents in a controlled environment, revision tracking
• Demonstrated experience in writing and implementing information management standards, procedures, and processes
• Understanding of various systems such as MSDP (procedural documents), SAP PM (Plant Maintenance data) and TechDocs (Engineering documents)
• Demonstrated understanding of engineering and supporting documentation, revision control, review & approval process, understanding Project life cycle
• Proficiency in identifying Engineering Drawing document types
• Detail attention to data and the ability to create comparative analysis to identify and correct integrity issues.
• Proficient in MS Office and Livelink, Share Point
• Demonstrated experience of driving positive change with passion, energy and persistence.
• Demonstration of strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated strength in analytical skills and attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks and prioritize
• Demonstrated ability to work independently or within a Team. Function well in a fast paced environment.
• Working Knowledge of petroleum/oil& gas industry; Engineering disciplines, Terminology/industry accepted file types (.dgn .tif etc)
Please include all details related to the following qualifications required to successfully complete this role, including, but not limited to:
• Related Bachelor's or Technical College Diploma (information science, records management, archival science, engineering, science, process safety etc.) is an asset
• ECMS, ECMM, RM or AIIM certification is a strong asset
• Experience in process safety, records management, information management or document control (1 - 3 years)
• Experience in oil and gas, Owner Operator, large Contractor or EPC industry related experience (
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.