This is an exciting opportunity to join our Integrity department in an integral position which is responsible for overseeing the delivery of projects scopes, ensuring work is always carried out in a safe manner and in-line with current legislation, HSE and company policy. The successful candidate will manage company assigned personnel, sub-contractor(s) and vendor(s), communicating best industry standards and procedures ensuring information is cascaded, understood and adhered to.
You will have responsibility for the delivery during all phases of the project scope at site including construction, completions, and commissioning reporting directly to the assigned asset construction lead(s).
You will be proactive, work on their own initiative, be a good team player, and have good leadership and communication skills while supervising construction activities with associated trades such as but not limited to pipefitters, platers, welders, mechanics, bolting techs, riggers, rope access teams and specialist vendors.
This position operates on a Monday-Friday basis with some flexibility as required.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Act as a ‘safety leader’ – ensure health, safety and the environment are prioritised when planning and executing work.
• Comply with company SEMS procedures to safe working and industry standards.
• Familiar with permit to work systems including completion of risk assessments and creation as required for scope.
• Creation of lift plans in accordance with rigging and lifting LOLER procedures
• Supervise work force to achieve project goals to completion of planned activities.
• Liaise between company and contract personnel to ensure delivery of modifications to equipment and systems in a safe and timely manner.
• Liaise with relevant operations and understand operational requirements and constraints.
• Control of work and completion of documentation to allow close out of work scopes.
• Prepare daily construction progress reports and distribute accordingly.
• Creation of SQ’s (site queries) for any engineering or construction queries that require input for close out.
• Forecast and further identify construction issues such as materials, plant & equipment, manning, and operational requirements etc that may impact project progress.
• Supply input for additional work scopes, including, but not limited to, work packs, inspections, and surveys.
• Effectively manage sub-contractors and vendors and validate progress.
• Ability to understand work from work packs, projects plan, relevant drawings & documentation.
• Knowledge of process plant, piping systems, pipelines, welding, and fabrication as well as temporary repair methods.
• Lifting and rigging knowledge an advantage.
• Ability to review scaffolding, lagging, and painting scopes, liaising with maintenance, and planning team for support by on site teams.
• Provide regular updates on the progress of scopes to allow the plan to be frequently updated.
Safety & Environmental Critical Tasks:
• Control of work
Safety & Environmentally Critical Courses:
• Control of Work (PTW)
• Risk Assessment
Key Requirements Include:
• Minimum ten years’ time served in relevant Industry environment.
• Proven supervisory skills for multi-discipline teams.
• Strong knowledge of project planning and organisation skills
• NVQ or equivalent in relevant discipline
• IT skills such as, MS Outlook, MS Excel, and MS Word
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.