The Integrity Engineer is responsible for providing integrity engineering support to the Clients Offshore and Onshore facilities. The position is responsible for developing, implementing, and sustaining systems and processes to assess, monitor, innovate and continuously improve facility integrity management. This role will report to the Trinidad and Tobago Surface Engineering manager and is based in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago.
Key responsibilities include:
- Governance role to ensure discipline related engineering, maintenance, and project work is carried out in accordance with the required technical standards, processes, and procedures while operating in compliance with local regulations and corporate standards.
- Provide technical leadership for integrity management and maintenance activities related to surface production equipment, facility structure, and subsea infrastructure.
- Own and continually improve the integrity and inspection strategies and processes to ensure optimum balance between technical integrity, reliability, and cost.
- Provide technical input for preventative maintenance and risk-based inspection strategies to support the initiatives of continuous improvement.
- Continuously improve and maintain specific KPI's for the measurement of integrity performance, reporting against these KPI's to provide clear visibility of the delivery and effectiveness of the Integrity Management Strategies.
- Develop, optimize, and support the implementation of predictive and preventive strategies for subsea equipment, fixed equipment, structures (hull and topsides), and pressure systems including development and management of condition-based maintenance and fabric maintenance programs.
- Serve as “System Custodian” for Safety Critical Systems as designated in the International Operations System Custodian Listing.
- Provision of technical expertise and direction into “Case to Operate” scenarios as they relate to his/her technical discipline.
- Participate as a member of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) teams as required.
- Identify, design, and implement engineering & maintenance change projects as they relate to his/her technical discipline in accordance with Management of Change procedures. Provide review and endorsement for integrity discipline components of management of change projects led by others for the facility.
- Provide guidance to contractors on the application of clients’s procedures and guidelines.
- Participate in HAZID/HAZOP/Design Reviews and support discipline action closeout.
- Ensure technical risks are identified and assessments conducted in accordance with the Process Safety management procedure requirements.
- Must be able to travel to offshore facility to complete scopes as needed. Trips could be minimum 3 days to in excess of a week.
- Foster effective relationships with both office and field-based teams
- Coach others to upskill their knowledge in integrity management.
- Monitor activities and developments in Integrity Management area in industry groups, regulators, and contractors to identify and support implementation of best practices across International Operations.
- Manage the RBI process and the input and review of data into the NEXUS RBI software.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline.
- 10+ years’ industry related experience, with minimum 5 year in Asset Integrity Management role
- Strong technical knowledge of the inspection and maintenance requirements of surface production equipment, piping, hull and topsides structures, and subsea equipment, as it relates to facility integrity.
- Strategic view and ability to use recognized tools; RBI, FMECA, RCA, CBM in support of continuous improvement to achieve maximum facilities uptime at lowest unit cost.
- Proven design, construction, commissioning, and operational background.
- Combination of Operations and Project experience is preferred.
- Demonstrates strong teamwork and influencing skills.
- Demonstrates HSEC leadership in a producing asset environment.
- Demonstrates high levels of autonomy and business acumen.
- Knowledge in system integration – ability to solve complex problems, understanding the interactions between the interfaces.
- Knowledge of corrosion and damage mechanisms in an offshore environment (topsides and subsea) and ability to specify appropriate controls to manage corrosion.
- Experience in the application of various inspection techniques (Ultrasonic techniques, Guided Wave, multi-skip, X-ray, etc) and integrity data management systems (e.g., Nexus) a plus
- Experience with inspection planning (topsides and subsea), review of inspection results, classification, and management of anomalies, specifying appropriate anomaly repair methods (wraps, clamps, new replacements, etc) and project management of scopes.
Experience with / knowledge of the following industry standards a plus:
- API-510/570/653 In Service Inspection Codes and associated inspection practices 574 & 576
- ASME PCC2 Repairs
- API RP 2SIM, API 2C working knowledge.
- API-571 Damage Mechanisms
- API-580/581 Risk Based Inspection Codes
- API-579 & ASME B31G Fitness for Service
- ASME construction and design codes for pressure equipment (BPVC, B31.x, B16 etc.)
- ASTM standards for materials
Recognition & Reward
- Work on projects for world-class operating assets renowned for their safety, reliability, and efficiency
- Commitment to your ongoing development, including on-the-job opportunities, formal programs, and assistance with further education.
- Values in action
- A competitive remuneration packages.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.