Interface Engineer (Engineering & Consenting) Offshore Windfarm Project International Developer Remote Working (UK based) 12 Month Contract (renewable) £600 - £650 per day – Outside IR35
My client, a tier 1 Blue chip company in the energy sector, is striving to meet the growing global demand for safe, sustainable, and affordable energy and as such, plan to become a leading player in offshore wind.
They are currently recruiting for an Interface Engineer for Engineering & Consenting. As Interface Engineer, your role will be to support the Engineering Technical Managers for the Generation & Transmission assets through Discharge Consent Order (DCO) process.
The objective of the role is to manage the boundaries within which the project is seeking permission to engineer and construct its permanent assets. This is a critical role that will require strong technical understanding and fundamentals, excellent command of the English language with written and oral communication for both internal and external stakeholders and a keen ability to coordinate with multiple departments.
Essentially, what I am looking for is a Project Engineer with DCO experience. Travel may include up to 30% to North Wales/ North west England. At critical times of examination will require individual to be available to be present in region. Role Responsibilities
- Support the Project’s Technical Managers in the effectively progressing through the DCO process, with a strong focus on the Examination phase to communicate the engineering scope, manage incoming queries and their responses both written and in formal examination hearings
- To attend examination hearings and support project members (ie. Technical Managers) representing the project
- Manage the interface with the engineering team and the consenting and stakeholder engagement team to meet the requirements of the external examination process including managing clarifications and effectively recording status, responses, and mitigation actions
- A minimum of 5-10 years relevant experience; specifically with time in engineering or and environmental & social advisory/ management
- Self-starter; inclusive and respectful individual capable of building strong relationships, influencing and collaborating with others; understanding the big picture and driving focus on what matters
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strong command of the English language (spoken word and grammar)
- Demonstrated interface management, project management/ project engineering.
- Experience in offshore wind and the English DCO process
- Knowledge of project consenting principles and applications & experience of stakeholder management
- Knowledge of design, construction and operation of offshore windfarms and transmission systems.
- Professional technical and/or project management accreditation
You should be comfortable working in a dynamic and agile team environment with competing priorities, including understanding roles and responsibilities within interfacing teams. You should be able to develop collaborative working relationships and to influence project delivery teams to ensure that that the construction work integrates well into the overall project plan.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.