ISBL Area Sr Manager
• The ISBL Sr Manager manages the ISBL construction team, leads the monitoring and oversight of the EPC Contractor ISBL works, and others works assigned to the team.
• ISBL Area mainly includes, but not limited to 2 x 6.88 mtpa LNG Trains based on APCI technology, Flare and Vent Area constituted of Wet Gas Flare, Dry Gas Flare, Common Spare, Marine/LNG tanks Flare, Smokeless Flare and associated drums and the Waste Mgt Package,
• The ISBL Sr Manager manages a team of up to 40 personnel (5 to 10 direct).
• Inspire safety commitment in Client and EPC Contractor teams via deep knowledge of HSE and leadership by example.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant HSE requirements across the works to promote a healthy and safe work environment.
• Support the site Director in the overall Afungi site management and be a member of the site Emergency Management Team.
• Manage the ISBL team and ensure that the team meets the necessary performance standards and corporate requirements.
• Develop a team spirit, foster teamwork, and build trust within the team. Encourage suitable personal and professional development.
• Provide overall direction in the planning, organizing, management and control of construction and system completion activities within the ISBL scope and packages assigned to ISBL team, as well as ensuring the execution management procedures for the project are developed.
• Management of site execution activities, construction and completion of the ISBL scope, as per project parameters including safety, schedule, functionality, quality and cost, up to hand‐over of a fit‐for‐purpose facility for commissioning.
• Lead the monitoring and oversight of the EPC Contractor construction engineering, execution planning, coordination and execution activities in ISBL scope and packages assigned to ISBL team
• Validate the EPC Contractor construction sequences, construction engineering and work plans, to ensure project requirements are met.
• Appraise the performance of the EPC Contractor in terms of safety, quality, cost and schedule ensuring the EPC Contractor develops, implements and sustains its Safety and Assurance programs within its contractual scope of work.
• Manage the works within the complexity of the project: logistics, security, social performance, environment and interfaces.
• Facilitate constructability reviews, take part in schedule risk analysis and the risk management process and developed suitable solutions.
• Analyze and report construction progress, identify any deviations/risks and propose mitigations. Support the project controls teams and provide inputs in scheduling and reporting site activities and to identify, manage and resolve any schedule or contractual issues.
• Manage completion of the works to suit pre‐commissioning requirements and transition to commissioning including during SIMOPS activities
• Responsible for Safe delivery of the Onshore facilities through the Construction phase and handover to Operations as per approved schedule/cost
• Coordination with other departments for the safe and on‐time execution of the work, to deliver a fit‐for‐purpose facility.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree in Engineering or another relevant subject required with either an advanced degree or professional qualifications preferred.
• 15 years’ experience, at least 5 years at a management level
• Min. 5 years on large greenfield projects, LNG liquefactions (preferred), GTL, petrochemical, refinery or gas processing/feedstock plants.
• Full understanding of areas critical to the success of large complex projects: safety, environmental, work organization, cost, schedule, quality, organizational competency, and reputational risk.
• Strong HSE culture and safety leadership, effective communication and leadership skills with the ability to influence critical decisions.
• Strong English written and verbal communication skills required. Portuguese or French is advantageous.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.