R&D Technician – New Product Development Job Description Summary/Objective
The R&D Technician – New Product Development is an exciting new position at Process Development Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The technician will contribute directly to the New Product Development Group’s mission to commercialize new products to solve some of the most pressing problems in the world. The position will report to the Program Leader in the New Product Development Team. Essential Functions
- Follow safe laboratory practices in compliance with EHS team, Laboratory safety officers, and their delegates to ensure that the laboratory is a safe work environment. Recognize potential safety issues, document, and discuss them with management, and take action to rectify them.
- Contribute strongly to advancing innovation projects in a laboratory setting by developing a good understanding of experimental plans, safe execution in the lab and paying close attention to detail on new findings.
- Communicate generated technical data to team members and the Program Leader. Participate actively in department and project meetings.
- Maintain close collaboration with fellow scientists in a team environment that is focused on achieving commercialization success.
- Provide laboratory support to R&D projects.
- Scale up synthesis under instruction of senior chemist team members.
- Perform Flammability testing and contribute to the development of new test methods.
- Assembly and testing of batteries.
- Disassembly, post-mortem analysis, and documentation of batteries and battery components.
- Maintain and operate a variety of test instruments.
- Analyze samples, report results, and document methods.
- Maintain excellence in safety, health and environment practices.
- Demonstrated safe work practice and philosophy.
- Demonstrated capability to work in a team environment.
- Able to wear required PPE.
- Standing for up to 6 hours/shift.
- Keyboard/lab book data entry.
- Minor hand tool usage related to lab equipment setup and maintenance.
- Associates in Chemistry or related technical, science-based fields.
- Glovebox operation and handling air-sensitive materials under an inert atmosphere.
- Safe handling of hazardous materials.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to balance individual and team responsibilities.
- Highly organized and excellent verbal/ presentation and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- B.S. in Chemistry or other technical, science-based fields.
- Experience documenting results, skills of reporting, and the up-keep of lab notebooks.
- Experience with battery science, or other electrochemical energy storage or conversion technologies.
- Experience in setting up and running chemical reactions in laboratory glassware.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.