Job Title: Lab Technician IV
Location: Fort St. John, BC
Schedule: 2 weeks on/2 weeks off (12 hr days)
Contract length: 12 months
Anticipated Start date: Dec 13th, 2023
Safety Sensitive: Yes
• Supports and complies with the policies, goals, efforts, and programs of COP's Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System.
• Oversees all analytical operations.
• Performs various analysis not limited to the following: Ph., turbidity, conductivity, hardness, alkalinity, sulphites, chlorides, bitumen-in-water using equipment such as Hach Spectrometer, Turner Fluorescence Meter, Titration Probes etc.
• Provides necessary training to ops staff when needed.
• Assists in developing site specific operating practices.
• Ensures QA/QC lab analysis procedures are correct and followed.
• Ensures appropriate test methods and standards are applied and measurement quality objectives are met.
• Monitors QA/QC procedures on a daily basis.
• Performs spot checks of analysis data and investigates/report any inconsistencies.
• Conducts regular internal QA/QC audits and reports on gaps found.
• Ensures laboratory facility is kept clean and in a safe and functional condition.
• Ensures that all laboratory supplies and expendables are available and in stock.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
• Senior level, typically 7+ years of experience.
• Provides more technical support than administrative support.
• Typically viewed as a technical/functional specialist in discipline.
• Ability to apply extensive knowledge and experience to a wide variety of situations.
• Recommends solutions to complex problems.
• Performs major accountabilities.
• Typically acts as a lead in the technical/functional area, coordinating the work of others, but is not a supervisor.
Apply here or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.