Under the general direction of Analytical Laboratory Supervisor, the Analytical Lab Technician (salaried non-exempt
person) performs routine analyses to ensure reliable operations, improve profitability and safety, and ensure regulatory
compliance, while learning and following analytical standards and methods.
Responsibilities may include:
- Performing and documenting quality assurance testing to ensure the accuracy and integrity of analytical results in adherence to the Laboratory Quality Assurance program
- Learning and applying analytical standards and methods, and regulatory requirements to ensure compliance while completing assigned tasks. This includes, but is not limited to, established ASTM, CARB, EPA, and SMEWW methods.
- Maybe required to audit, update and write SOP’s to comply with new or changing technology or methodology.
- Performs routine maintenance and have the ability to learn and apply troubleshooting skills
- Maintaining knowledge of, responsibility for and compliance with all laboratory QA/QC policies and procedures
- Assisting in method development, instrument setup and startup
- Applying education and uses creativity to solve technical problems encountered while completing assigned tasks
- Communicating and consulting with engineers, operators, and maintenance personnel to ensure accurate analyses
- Practicing good interpersonal skill sets daily; including communication, listening, teamwork, and leadership
- Taking responsibility for tasks, quality, and accuracy and is accountable for those responsibilities
- Responsible for the safety/health of self and those working with you, promoting health and safety of others, and
performing quality work in a safe and environmentally conscientious manner
- Responsible for complying with Laboratory policies and procedures, Company policies and procedures, established standards, and governmental regulations (Federal, State, & Local)
- Technician may be called to the refinery at any hour to perform analysis for assurance of final product, intermediate stream, or waste water in compliance with company or regulatory agency specifications
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High school diploma/GED
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word and Outlook
- 2 or more years of experience performing advanced laboratory tests and analyses
- Able to work 10-hour rotating day and swing shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Available for callouts on night shift
- BA or BS degree in Chemistry or related field
- Knowledge of lab equipment, terminology and standard laboratory procedures
- 2 or more years of experience working in petroleum laboratory
- Experience in instrument repair
- Good interpersonal skills including: active listening, issue resolution, proactive communication, leadership, and teamwork
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.