NES FIRCROFT are delighted to be partnered with the world's leading EPC on a mass-scale cracker project operated by arguably the largest chemicals firm within Europe.
Taken into account this collaboration, and a significant increase in project activity - my client are looking to make the appointment of a "Lead Cost Engineer" to provide the cost engineering services to control the costs of the project from current execute phase until the end of construction.
The project cost baselines are controlled throughout the entire lifecycle of the project from execute to start up. Internal factors influencing the job are regular rapid, transparent communication of project cost at completion, forecasting cash flow needs & creation of procedures or work process to control cost, including monitoring change and their impact. Important external factors are financing institutions requests, EPCm contractor & subcontractor.
- Responsible for all monthly and interim cost reporting for the Project Delivery Team (Cracker).
- Assist Scheduler and Project Controls Manager in ad hoc project controls duties as required.
- Ensure that all costs incurred are included in the total project cost.
- Collect data on spending and commitments, post them against estimated values, and make a forecast for that particular item of the cost estimate.
- Monitor forecast deviations and report status of these budgets in a timely manner throughout the projects.
- Play a key role in the technical management of all contractors and sub-contractors activities who are responsible in the achievement of the project objectives for cost tracking.
- Ensure that cost risk analysis is performed and applied to forecasting activities.
- Ensures all proposed change requests receive cost impact assessments beginning with Execute project phase.
- Support the auditing efforts by the banker’s engineers chartered by the external financing institutions.
- A Bachelor degree in a technical discipline, or equivalent, is preferred but not mandatory, anyhow there is need to share a common understanding, based on “scientific principles and techniques”, with the engineering function.
- A minimum of 15 years experience in a process industry production and/or engineering environment with large (>$100MM) capital project management experience. Mega-project experience (>$1000MM) preferred.
- Thorough working knowledge of Project Controls practices.
- This job will require periodic travel to the EPCm contractor (Madrid)/IPMT (Reading) office for work with the owner Team and the PMC, and then to be located in Antwerp during the construction and start-up of the facilities
- Good understanding of chemical engineering and chemical plant operations and project engineering, quantity surveying.
- Good financial skills: cost classification, cost type, cost accounting, project performance measurement, forecasting, project change management, asset
- Good working knowledge of cost management tool like EcoSys & SAP PS
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.