Document Control Lead - Upstream (N+1: Information Management / Document Control Manager) Job dimensions
- This position exists up to the completion of the development phase including Project close-out. The project management and central controls teams will be based in Paris and the package teams will primarily be based in engineering and site locations in Houston, Milan, London and Mozambique (Maputo & Afungi) during this phase. Remote location is negotiable, subject to missions to Project locations as necessary.
- The position holder shall be responsible for leading Document Control activities for the Upstream portion of the project, at the assigned location.
- The job holder will perform this work in accordance with Corporate, TEP Mozambique and Project rules, guidelines and procedures.
Accountabilities The job holder will have to liaise actively with Project Management, related Package and Line Managers, other Document Controllers and Contractors for the performance of the above duties. Qualifications/Experience required
- Ensures effective application of the Project Document Control processes, procedures, standards and tools.
- Delivers efficient, effective, and secure control of project information that includes document capture, quality assessment, rejection as applicable, coding, updating, review routing and distribution.
- Responsible for the integrity and completeness of the Project information in the Electronic Document Management System (EDMS). Interfaces with Contractor Document Control team and assures delivery of project documentation that meets the Project standards.
- Ensures documentation and attributes compliance with the Project Information Delivery Requirements specification, specific operations business needs and project schedule.
- Supports activities associated with the information handover to Operations (or other specified post project recipients).
- Utilizes and contributes to the Project lessons learned in accordance with Company best practices.
- Attends project team, contractors, vendors and suppliers' meetings as required to ensure information and document management issues are addressed timely and effectively.
- Builds a strong working relationship with the internal project discipline/department team members as well as contractor document controllers. Acts as a coach and lead for other Document Controllers in the team.
- Assures integrity and accuracy of the Company and Contractor Master Document Registers.
- Accountable for the maintenance of the Document Distribution Matrix(s).
- Interfaces with the Head Office Document Management Manager, Document Controllers in other project locations, and EDMS Administrator EDMS issues raised by the project team members.
- Document Controller will be assigned to one of the project office locations worldwide.
- Promote and demonstrate an exemplary behaviour with regard to HSSE rules & requirements, with regards to the Company Ethics and “Code of Conduct” policy and for implementing and controlling these rules and requirements within the said area of responsibility. participate in project digitalization to promote efficiencies, synergies, and simplification and provide the necessary checks, approval functions for invoices submitted, in accordance with Contracts, Project & Company procedures, Sarbanes & Oxley requirements and DoA.
Required Skills /Certifications:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or similar
- Minimum Experience: 10+ years of experience in major oil and gas project as a Document Controller
- Relevant professional experience gained from at least two different job roles related to engineering and/or supplier document control on projects or business assets, (ideally operator based with full lifecycle experience).
- Experience working with: Electronic Document Management Systems, MS Office applications, Adobe Acrobat and Scanning Software.
- Language Requirements: Fluent English required. French and Portuguese language skills will assist performance
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.