Job Title: Lead Electrical Engineer
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the energy industry. Our client, a fast-growing technology licensor making advancements in the Oil & Gas sector, has a permanent opportunity for a Lead Structural Engineer in The Woodlands, TX. About our client:
Our client is a is an engineering, construction, manufacturing, and industrial services company focused on designing, building, and maintaining integrity across asset lifecycles. We serve the entire value chain for energy and process industries. Job Summary:
Engineering and Design of Electric Power Systems for Oil & Gas facilities, metering sites, and valve sites including Electrical System Analysis with SKM and ETAP, emergency power generation, arc flash, short circuit/fault protection, lighting design, lightning protection, and grounding, load list, one-lines, and motor schematics. Coordination & support for Construction, including responding to RFI’s. Primary Job Function:
- Support major EPC facility projects for pipeline operator clients
- Provide electrical engineering and constructability expertise
- Coordinate engineering/design execution, planning, and interface to identify deliverables to enable construction sequencing.
- Oversee deliverable production to ensure compliance with industry codes, environmental guidelines, client specifications, quality assurance program, project work plan, and project control system
- Coordinate with project engineers and other disciplined engineers and ensure consistency in execution of project management activities. Organize and conduct technical and progress reviews
- Interface with Client to discuss design requirements and project status updates during weekly and 30/60/90% design reviews.
- Conduct FEED studies & assist with bid packages
- 7+ years detailed engineering design experience in one or more of the following project types: natural gas/liquid pipelines, compressor/pump station facilities, gathering pipelines and facilities and gas treating facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- PE license is required
- Possess sound judgment; highly developed management, organizational, interpersonal, presentation/training, oral and written communication skills; excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical and design skills
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and work with multidisciplinary teams; and deal with complex issues and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to prepare and interpret design reports, recognize problems, and define and evaluate solutions
- Ability to mentor entry level staff on oil and gas pipeline and facility projects
- Must be willing to travel to project sites to collect field data
- Must be willing to travel to project sites to perform field inspections
- May be required to be out of town for multiple days at a time.
- Complies with Strike’s policies and procedures
- Complies with Strike’s Drug & Alcohol Policy maintaining favorable drug testing results throughout employment
- Performs job safely with respect to others, property and individual safety
- Authorized to work in the United States
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.