Position : Lead Mechanical & Piping Engineer
Employment : Contract to Permanent
Location : Jakarta
Travel Requirement : Yes, National and International Project Locations
Eligibility : Indonesian Passport and/or KTP Holder
Reporting to the Engineering Manager the Lead Mechanical & Piping Engineer’s responsibilities will include:
- Creates cost estimates and/or bills of materials for project budgets and/or scope definition.
- Performs, reviews, and approves necessary mechanical and piping engineering calculations.
- Draft contract administration correspondence.
- Works with the drafting team to develop and review civil, mechanical, piping, and structural layouts, arrangement, and detail drawings.
- Evaluates and adjudicates received bids and quotations for both mechanical and process equipment as well as civil, structural, mechanical and piping construction scopes of work. Responsible for utilizing supplier information, cost standards, and technical information from quality, manufacturing engineering, and design engineering to form contractor selection.
- Involved in process plant construction as well as commissioning (dry, wet, and ore commissioning) and facilitates handover to site operations both for domestic and international projects.
- Schedules and monitors program activities to achieve an “on-time” result including follow-up with external suppliers to ensure timely response to action items.
- Monitors project cost activities to achieve an “in-budget” results.
- Ensures justifications for contractual claims resolution and/or variations during project implementation.
- Ensures the mechanical and piping engineering design complies with Client and/or Company technical specifications and/or Indonesian & International Standards.
- Recommends remedial actions to mitigate schedule delays, scope creeps, and budget overruns and prepares engineering proposal and solutions
- Makes informed well thought out decision making throughout the engineering process, considers safety, project costs, material compatibility, industry standards, maintainability, operability and constructability to deliver mechanical & piping engineering designs that exceed Client and Company expectations.
- Identifies opportunities to improve processes and efficiencies in the development and implementation of the capital works projects.
- Distributes and delegates workloads though the mechanical and piping engineering team ensuring junior engineers are being well trained.
- Leads and mentors a team of mechanical and piping engineers from senior to graduate level
- fully accountable for the outcomes including costs, schedule and any reworks of the mechanical piping engineering design on projects;
- Participates and provides valuable input into HAZID and HAZAOP studies.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited University;
- A minimum of 10 years of experience within the mining industry with 8 years working in/on studies, PRE-FEED, FEED and detailed design.
- A minimum of 5-years’ experience within the design and/or operation of gold mining processing plants;
- Proven site experience with respect to the construction, commissioning, maintenance and/or operations of mineral processing facilities.
- Must have proven design experience with respect to materials handlining and wet plant design;
- Must be able to perform pumping and pipe sizing calculations for process slurry via first principals;
- Detailed knowledge of piping, tanks, pressure vessels, valves, scrubbers, screens, crushers conveyors, feeders, pumps, blowers, compressors, and instruments.
- Previous experience and good working knowledge of American and Australian design standards including ASME, API, CEMA, AS in addition to Indonesian Standards (NSI)
- Excellent understanding of project budget preparation and estimating.
- Excellent knowledge of reading and understanding drawings.
- Excellent knowledge of project execution principals and project management systems.
- Have knowledge on gold processing plant.
- Proficient in reading and writing in English is a must
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.