Lead of Quality BGD - Lean Gas Lines (N-1961)
The Onshore Lead of Quality BGD - Lean Gas Lines – is responsible to oversee the implementation of the Quality Program and verify that all Quality and Welding procedures are established in accordance with project requirements. Perform as Quality Lead BGD and review Contractors Quality deliverables including Welding Procedure Specifications (WPSs), Procedure Quality Records (PQRs) and NDT procedures. Job Description Highlights:
- The Onshore Lead of Quality BGD - Lean Gas Lines – is responsible to oversee the implementation of the Quality Program and verify that all Quality and Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) procedures are established in accordance with project requirements. Perform as Quality Lead for BGD welding engineer for the review Contractor deliverables including Welding Procedure Specifications (WPSs) and Procedure Quality Records (PQRs).
- Experience with multi-national contractors, in particular those involved in the construction of LNG production facilities,
- Assertive Quality management leadership skills. Must be capable of communicating Quality and Welding requirements, results and status throughout Company and contractor management and craft labour levels.
- Considerable relevant experience in the construction of onshore Oil & Gas installations. Demonstrated sound technical knowledge and extensive experience in welding processes. Expert knowledge in welding of high strength steels and corrosion resistant alloys (CRA) used in oil and gas industry.
- Fully conversant with international codes and standards used in oil and gas industry. Well experienced in NDE methods, especially, AUT & RT, specifically intermediate RT on clad materials. Validation of AUT & RT.
- Mechanical testing including corrosion and pitting tests. Strong preference given to candidates with prior Qatar Gas or IOC project experiences.
- Degree in Metallurgical/Welding Engineering (or Mechanical Engineering with Welding Engineering).
- 15 years’ experience associated with Welding Quality Control & coordination of Welding activities within the Oil & Gas Construction Industry.
- Qualifications in Auditing, Welding & Materials fields are desirable.
- NDT Level-II (RT, UT, PT, MT, AUT), and welding professional qualification (CSWIP, EWE, IWE or AWS) (where equivalent is proposed, evidence of equivalence shall be provided).
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.