Lead of Quality (Onshore) COMP1
· Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Mechanical or Civil Engineering or equivalent
· Additional quality, welding or NDE inspection related qualifications
· Minimum of 10 years broad experience in execution of major oil & gas projects, including at least 8 years involvement in the onshore construction of production facilities.
· Minimum of 8 years experience in a supervisory capacity of quality or inspection
· Minimum 5 years experience working in brownfield construction.
Responsible for implementing the QG project quality program and ensuring the effective implementation of Contractor’s quality management system, during onshore construction activity as part of NFPS Compression COMP1 project
· Implement the Project Quality Plan and ensure the effective implementation of Contractor’s Project Quality Management System and procedures at the Construction Site(s) to ensure that all project activities are compliant with project specifications, including:
· Implement the Construction Surveillance Program to confirm that all onshore construction activities are compliant with project specifications , including:
§ Develop Construction Surveillance Plan for each construction activity identifying key inspection interventions
§ Reviewing and approving Contractors and Subcontractors Inspection & Test Plans, quality control procedures and testing procedures
§ Implementing quality control over welding processes including monitoring of welding procedure qualifications, qualification of welders, control of welding consumables, surveillance of welding & NDE activity, monitoring welding KPIs and identifying corrective action to remedy poor performance
· Attending regular construction meetings with Contractor and subcontractors to monitor progress and review and resolve quality issues arising.
· Managing inspection resources using QG approved Site Inspection Service (SIS) agencies to conduct surveillance inspections at construction site(s) and offsite facilities such as spool shops
§ Conducting Flawless Quality training programs and Welding training programs in conjunction with Contractor to eliminate common defects
§ Conducting regular site walk-throughs with construction site management team to highlight quality and safety issues and identify areas for improvement
§ Ensure that inspection records are maintained in a database that is aligned with completions management system to ensure a smooth handover to commissioning.
· Implement Deficiency & NCR Management processes to ensure that deficiencies and non-conformances relating to onshore construction are identified, recorded, investigated and resolved to maintain compliance with project requirements
· Implement Quality Reporting process to monitor construction quality performance; and to communicate and report on construction quality performance, issues and risks, and developing trends to Head of Quality COMP1 and Site Construction team.
· Actively participate in:
§ Quality Audit Program to confirm that construction activities are conducted in accordance with agreed plans
§ Lessons Learned process to continuously capture quality learnings from construction activities and to use them to develop and optimise process or specification improvements
§ Issues and Risks management to ensure that construction quality issues and risks are captured and treated promptly and effectively
· Maintain interfaces, including with:
§ Site Construction team to ensure that quality issues are resolved promptly and effectively
§ Vendor Quality team to be aware of the inspection status of incoming equipment and materials, ensuring any carryover work is clearly identified
§ Welding & NDE team to ensure that welding related quality issues are identified, communicated and rectified
§ Systems Completion team to ensure that inspection records are aligned with and support systems completion
§ Project Management Team to provide feedback on quality issues; to expedite closure of lessons learned; to provide feedback on quality performance generally
· Actively participate in safety management programs including attendance at site safety walks and issuance of observation cards
· Providing continual communication, coordination and advice to the Head of Quality COMP1 and Head of Construction on site quality performance and the quality performance of the COMP1 Construction Contractor, Subcontractors and Vendors.
· Conduct other quality related tasks as directed by COMP1 Head of Quality or HSE & Quality Division Manager
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.