Lead Onshore Pipeline Engineer
Title: Lead Onshore Pipeline Engineer - GTG P&E Team
Location: UK based supporting TouatGaz, Oued Zine, Algeria
Site: UK & Groupment TouatGaz (GTG)
- Lead Onshore Pipeline Engineer for portfolio of projects (Category 3 and above) for Oued Zine Asset
- Normally based in UK with travel to Algeria and contracting company offices
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Client responsible engineer for Pipeline discipline, review, acceptance sign-off of EPC deliverables and discipline liaison between EPC and site operations team
- Chartered Engineer with suitable degree.
- Experience as a discipline Lead
- Ensuring the technical integrity, safety, and sustainability of the design.
- Experience working EPC and O&G operators. Working internationally with experience from upstream and downstream O&G will be beneficial.
- In-depth knowledge of design codes, standards, local regulations for onshore Pipeline requirements. Preparation of Basis of Design / Scope of Works / Technical Reports
- Competent in preparing and checking engineering / design calculations for onshore pipelines, developing design sketches and pass relevant info onto Contractors / Vendors
- Competent in use and checking of Design Software and other engineering software
- Competent in preparing and checking onshore pipeline designs from the EPC, ensuring appropriate selection of materials, operating and design pressures/temperatures, expansion, buckling, fatigue resistance, pipeline sizing, and protection design.
- Competent in preparing and checking management systems for pipelines, including QA/QC, safety management, environmental management, and integrity management systems.
- Competent in preparing and checking pipeline routing criteria and routing maps.
- Able to comment on suitability and location of block valve stations, pig launching and retrieval facilities
- Knowledge of the layout and design of gathering stations
- Knowledge of flow assurance as it pertains to onshore pipeline design
- Competent in preparing and checking of pipeline specifications, data sheets, and material take-offs for line pipe, flanges, pig traps, bends etc
- Supporting procurement i.e. commenting on technical bid evaluations, supplier data etc.
- Supporting engineering team, including construction i.e. responding to RFI / TQ / SQ etc.
- Experience with design, fabrication, and installation of onshore pipelines.
- Experience of onshore pipeline testing, pre-commissioning, and commissioning activities.
- Experience with impressed current cathodic protection and coating systems
- Experience with civil engineering, excavation, groundworks as necessary for design and installation of onshore pipelines
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- Based in UK either London or Aberdeen with planned trips to Oued Zine and contracting company’s locations.
REQUIRED COMPETENCES/ QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / PROFILE
- University Degree (Bac+5) – Relevant discipline.
- Highly experienced in operations and projects environment.
- Fluency in English, French and Arabic would be advantageous.
- Personal Qualities
- Has a passion for what they do, shares knowledge and insights that strengthen team.
- Can live with uncertainty and change but has the determination to work through issues and achieve results.
- Team player with confidence to speak up diplomatically and welcomes challenge.
- Able to make decisions and keep relevant stakeholders informed of them.
- Communicates at all levels with ease and can influence in all directions effectively.
- Assumes appropriate responsibility and has the confidence to hold the company and their own red lines.
- Seeks out the big picture and challenges and supports others to drive continuous improvement.
- HSEQ Responsibilities
- Leads by example, never walks past something that is not right and confident to stop the job.
- Takes time to assess the situation and takes action where appropriate.
- Acting in compliance with Company values
- Health, Safety & Environment: Excellence in HSE is demanded and integral to everything we do.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.