Lead Operation Geologist/Operation Geologist
- Responsible for the integration of prospect / field characteristics within operated well planning and well data acquisition, in cooperation with drilling engineers and subsurface teams.
- Assisting in the planning and execution of the operated wells.
- Provide Pore-pressure information, analysis and graphs for well planning.
- Preparing and optimizing logging and coring acquisition programs and support to well test designs.
- Participating to tenders preparation.
- Supervising geological operations and QC deliverables on well site when required.
- During operations, ensuring safe execution and identification of potential drilling hazards in the subsurface.
- Providing office support during drilling operations (e.g. preliminary quick-look analysis).
- Ensuring good interface between subsurface and drilling teams, contributing on the operation side to regional and area studies (e.g. subsurface related risk analysis, pore pressure and well bore stability studies), and in charge of transferring daily drilling data and reports.
- Supervising and ensuring quality control as well as cost effectiveness of jobs done by contractors.
- Providing technical support/mentoring to other geologists, GDPs and trainees.
- Responsible for being a referent, advising on procedures and workflows standardization, QC of deliverables, inspiring and motivating colleagues.
- Participating in peer reviews on request.
- Maintaining and ensuring use of corporate working standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Is familiar with NPD post well reporting and requirements
- Contributing to technical proposals, reports (e.g. End of Well Report, Final Well Composite Log, post-mortem reports) and presentations to partners (workshops/TCMs) or internal processes (BOR/Peer Review), related to Asset managers, OBO, license managers or Technical Authorities requests.
- Bringing support to regional and area studies performed in relation to license rounds, farm-ins and other business development activities.
- When required, acting as representative in various technical conferences and workshops.
- Acting in compliance with Company policies and values, specifically regarding HSE.
- MSc/PhD in geology/petroleum engineering with at least 7 years of experience.
- A valid offshore safety induction and emergency training will be required (e.g. BOSIET, VCA).
- Familiar with all the latest Wireline/LWD/Mudlogging tools and techniques.
- Proven familiarity and advanced knowledge of with the geology, drilling practices and well logging operations in the Southern North Sea
- Extensive experience in operated ventures.
- Team player, with ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and to integrate the other subsurface disciplines into a project.
- Ability to communicate effectively, to present results and issues, and to influence on decisions.
- Fluent in English (oral and written) and preferably Norwegian language skills
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.