NES Fircroft are looking for a Lead Planner to join a major operator on a 28/28 rotation in AFUNGI, Mozambique.
As Lead Planner you will be responsible for Planning and scheduling for onshore related scope with focus on Construction activities in according to Project Requirements processes and tools. MAIN ACTIVITIES
Overall responsibility for Project Planning activities related to onshore including:
- To support the Project Control team and lead the Planning function specifically for Engineering & Procurement, whilst also in support and co-ordination with Construction, Commissioning and overall project schedule integration.
- Ensure delivery of a robust and effective planning and progress measurement system to control, monitor and report the progress of the work associated with the Engineering and Procurement elements.
- Specify, implement and maintain robust and effective planning, progress measurement and reporting procedures
- Supervise, train and develop as required, the National staff of the planning team
- Oversight of the planning, progress measurement and reporting activities of all Execution Contractors
- Preparing progress status reports to provide full visibility of all trends and highlight any deviations from the plan
- Supporting consultants engaged to carry out periodical Schedule Risk Analyses
- Utilize Continuous Improvement processes to ensure consistent quality and fit-for-purpose outcomes.
- Input and analyze data in the Planning applications to ensure project data integrity.
- Safety – Responsible for personal safety safe working practices
- Other tasks as required by Planning Manager and Project Controls Manager.
- The job holder will have to liaise actively with Project Management and related Package and Line Managers for the performance of the above duties. Accountable for demonstrating an exemplary behaviour regarding HSSE rules & requirements, with regards to the Company Ethics and “Code of Conduct” policy and for implementing and controlling these rules and requirements within the said area of responsibility.
The position activities will be performed in close collaboration and coordination with the Project Management. The Lead Planner will play an essential role in ensuring the onshore project schedule is well monitored, forecasted and managed and that the project team is kept fully aware of the state of such interface. QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED Minimum Education:
Engineer/Bachelor degree in Business Management or similar Minimum Experience:
10+ years of experience in major oil and gas project controls with focus in Onshore Required Skills /Certifications:
- Major Oil and Gas project developments knowledge and experience, with Partner and Government reporting interfaces
- Organisational ability and commitment to meeting deadlines; Requires team spirit with ability to work closely with various stakeholders.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; Knowledgeable and experienced with schedule and planning principles and methods.
- Planning and Scheduling tools : Primavera P6, Acumen Fuse, Microsoft Project, Milestones Pro, Excel; Knowledge of Total rules/procedures
Fluent English required; Portuguese language skills will assist performance
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.