Aker Carbon Capture is a leading carbon capture technology company. We serve a range of carbon-emitting industries
including cement, blue hydrogen, bio/waste-to-energy, and gas-to-power among others. Through our portfolio of projects, we are mitigating the environmental cost of industrial activity for a cleaner, more sustainable future.
We see a daily growth in our market potential as a rising number of customers look to carbon capture utilization and storage (CCUS) and our company to solve their emissions challenges.
Aker Carbon Capture is one of the leading CCUS companies globally and has extensive knowledge of the entire value chain. We have many ongoing projects, from research and innovation, including pilot plant testing, to concept studies and to large EPC projects, both in Europe and in the United States. Today, we are delivering seven carbon capture units in Europe, with an accumulated capture capacity of 1 million tonnes of CO2. In Denmark, we are delivering five Just Catch 100 units to Ørsted, in the Netherlands one Just Catch 100 unit to Twence, and in Norway a Big Catch to Heidelberg Materials. Lead Planner
The lead of planner plays a crucial role in ensuring the successful execution of projects in Aker Carbon Capture. The lead of planner will be responsible for executing project planning, as well as coordinating a team of planners and allocate resources to projects as required and support and advice on the planning process, methodology and tools used for project planning in ACC. Responsibilities Planning Coordination
Project Planning and Schedule Management
- Develop the project planning process, considering all aspects of the project life cycle.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define project scopes, objectives, and deliverables.
- Ensure optimalization of information gathering and reporting.
- Assign project planners.
Risk Assessment and Mitigation
- Create detailed schedules, milestones, and critical paths.
- Regularly update and analyse project schedules.
- Be involved in all parts of the project.
- Facilitate Interactive Planning Sessions with key stakeholders to discuss major project tasks, dependencies, and timing.
Reporting and Communicatio
- Identify potential risks and opportunities and develop mitigation strategies.
- Monitor and address any deviations from the project plan promptly.
- Provide regular progress reports to project managers and senior leadership.
- Communicate project status, milestones, and any issues to relevant stakeholders.
Skills and Qualifications
- Evaluate project processes and identify areas for improvement. Develop and continuously improve relevant procedures, guidelines, and best practice documents.
- Implement best practices to enhance project efficiency.
- Provide training and mentorship for the Project Planners
- Ensure Project Planner compliance with relevant procedures, guidelines, and best practices.
- Contribute to cross-functional alignment on tools and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Proven experience in project planning and coordination in large scale EPCIC developments in onshore process industry or similar.
- Experience from resource management.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in project management software (e.g., Microsoft Project, Primavera).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
This is what we offer:
- Not just a job, but a career you can take an active role in the industrial energy transition. We believe carbon capture is essential to reach the goals of the Paris Agreement.
- The feeling of belonging. This role will be crucial in supporting Aker Carbon Capture to help the industry meet its carbon capture obligations. As our colleague, you will be given opportunities and responsibility to develop with our company. We can offer a dynamic and challenging environment in a growing ESG company.
- Opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be conducting interviews with relevant candidates on a continuous basis.
Julie Wannebo – Lead recruiter- NES Advantage -firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our recruitment team.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.