Are you an experienced P6 Planner that has been involved in large scale project planning?
Do you have a background within Oil & Gas or Heavy Manufacturing?
If so, NES Fircroft have an excellent opportunity to join our O&G client in Newcastle-upon-Tyne as a Lead Project Planner.
This is a permanent full time opportunity and although this is a Monday to Friday role, the client can offer flexible working hours to support your lifestyle.
Within the role, you will be responsible for ensuring that all aspects of a customer project plan, internal and external, are effectively planned to minimise business and customer on time delivery (OTD) risk.
Additionally, your role will entail:
- Developing and taking ownership of project schedules from project handover meeting through contract term including maintenance of S-curves, physical progress tables and detailed progress tracking
- Developing project schedules for bid work, ensuring high levels of liaison with the business master scheduler/ production controllers to ensure bid work can be executed
- Reviewing, advising and making recommendations on contractual requirements specifically relating to schedule and progress monitoring
- Maintaining, updating and monitoring of progress on project schedules, including production of internal and external reports
- Managing preparation and issue of schedule impact assessments/ summaries as identified by the Project Manager for incorporation in internal project changes and external variation orders
- Supporting Project Manager during internal and external meetings to proactively drive schedule discussions & present material accordingly
- Implementing "early warning" identification of potential schedule issues and drive options to reduce "Cost to Recover" exposure
- Identifying and communicating ‘risk’ relating to all schedules produced
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have proven experience in Project Planning and managing multiple projects
- Have a good understanding of manufacturing operations
- Have experience of P6 Project Planning software
- Have good proficiency with Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.